SAU Community

400hp Dr30 Fj20det Powered

Factory 5

That's great news that it wasn't a write off

the chrome trims that sit around the rear side windows

I bought some new ones for around $180 each from my friendly local Nissan dealer

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's great news that it wasn't a write off

the chrome trims that sit around the rear side windows

I bought some new ones for around $180 each from my friendly local Nissan dealer

Righto then ill give them a go. cheers mate.

• 5 weeks later...

Gday all, Got the rocket back from painters and looks mint. Just chasing a bit of info regarding wheel sizes. The DR currently runs 17x9 sparcos, however i am trying to find some wheels a bit more suited to the age of the vehicle - watanabe copies or similar. What i need to know is do any of you r30 owners have dished wheels that still clear the guards, and if so could you please tell me the sizes and offsets? I dont want to buy the rims i think will clear, and not be able to use them.

Cheers.

Gday all, Got the rocket back from painters and looks mint. Just chasing a bit of info regarding wheel sizes. The DR currently runs 17x9 sparcos, however i am trying to find some wheels a bit more suited to the age of the vehicle - watanabe copies or similar. What i need to know is do any of you r30 owners have dished wheels that still clear the guards, and if so could you please tell me the sizes and offsets? I dont want to buy the rims i think will clear, and not be able to use them.

Cheers.

Sport Max do these nice watanabe/panasport copies. Come in 16 inches, not sure on offsets or width.

post-15238-1247019295_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mate Ghostrider has a legit point, I had 355atw in my DR and it was an absolute monster to drive on boost, lotsa fun yes but not a lot of traction unless u eased it on, with 600+ forget it, too light and RWD only.

Mate Ghostrider has a legit point, I had 355atw in my DR and it was an absolute monster to drive on boost, lotsa fun yes but not a lot of traction unless u eased it on, with 600+ forget it, too light and RWD only.

Well lucky its my car then and i can run whatever power i like hey. I am setting it up for a couple of glory runs down the strip then changing turbo and tuning for hillclimbing which is what it will be eventually used for. Rest assured i have had plenty of hi-po engines in my time and am under no illusions as to traction availability on the street. It seems to me that this forum is primarily for bagging other peoples rides and opinions instead of providing positive comments and feedback..........

If you believe that my engine produces too much power, thats great. I guess thats the reason that i bought this car and not you.

It seems to me that this forum is primarily for bagging other peoples rides and opinions instead of providing positive comments and feedback..........

If you believe that my engine produces too much power, thats great. I guess thats the reason that i bought this car and not you.

Yeah your car makes too much power :)

Give some to me!!!

I missed out on buying your car when it was here in Perth but baulked and brought in my own stocker.

Wish I'd bought it now as I'm up to the price he was asking spent on mine and it's not even licensed yet (maybe today ...fingers crossed)

Yep love your car

Never met a horsepower I didn't like

Yeah your car makes too much power :devil:

Give some to me!!!

I missed out on buying your car when it was here in Perth but baulked and brought in my own stocker.

Wish I'd bought it now as I'm up to the price he was asking spent on mine and it's not even licensed yet (maybe today ...fingers crossed)

Yep love your car

Never met a horsepower I didn't like

Cheers mate, someone talking some sense at last!!!! Yeah the cost of building from scratch sure adds up, but even though mine was semi-built when i bought it, i am still spending tons on it to get it to where it should be. I think that once you get to 20-30k, stop counting!! Look on the bright side though, you could be spending the same amount on a Hyundai..............