SAU Community

Pissed Off

BROCKDOE

K, Original problem was a intermitant missfire. Was told by everyone "yerrrp ya coil pack".

Chucked in brand new Splitfire Coilpacks and NGK PFR6G-11 Plugs.

Its now running like a complete slug and 10 times worse. Jumpy, missfire, shootin black smoke. WTF?|

Help ne one.

easy, chances are the coil packs are playing up. So clean them up, silicon them up, and gaop those plugs down to 0.8mm and youi should have no drama;s

+1 Agreed, your coil packs and plugs need changing. Doesn matter to wot.. just change. :D:)

Thats sux Zelda, but mod;n aint easy (otherwise there'd be no mechanics) Sure what ur experiancing is a ignition health related misfire? Not timing (bad ECu sensor inputs) or simply fuel pressure etc?

PS: a thread named "pissed off" implying suggestions you got from SAU members screwed you over... isn't the best way to get help. Theres a vast demographic here, what you take away and use to help you spend your coin (VS taking to mechanic) is up to you :(

Edited by GeeTR

I would surgest you put the platinum or iridium spark plugs aside just for a while. Give it new ordinary copper spark plugs gapped at 0.7 or 0.8mm. You may find this fixes the misfire for a short time at least.

Your black smoke means its running rich. Could be many reasons for that, but it needs to be fixed.

What happens is the rich mixture fowels up the plugs very quick, and fancy plugs do not like that. Then you get a misfire. With a modifyed turbo car, you just have to keep giving it new copper spark plugs every few months unless you get it tuned well enough not to do that.

PS: a thread named "pissed off" implying suggestions you got from SAU members screwed you over... isn't the best way to get help.

haha sorry wasnt intending on aiming the pissed off bit toward fellow SAU members was more so jus pissed off in general at the time. gonna have another stab at the car today and suss regapin the plugs down to 0.8mm.

MY 34 Began misfiring when I installed new plugs, perhaps because the mech played with the coils I dont know.. On idle and light accleration or just on throttle it miss fires like a bitch.. A tune fixed that up alot perhaps that may help.

Id say from the results I got from a slight tune it may be tune dependent. However a 1.1mm gap is massive regap the plugs to 0.8 if your going to pump more boost through it.

Strange it would be blowing black smoke, as in not burning fuel correctly? Are all the sparks and coils firing?

WTF my R33 s2 was the same, it wouldn’t idle and would miss and splutter at 10PSi

I got some Spitfire Coil packs and some iridium sparkplugs @ 1.1mm and have never looked back.

Low end response was improved and now loves to rev to 7000rmp all day

even at 1 bar stock turbo not a prob (not run 1 bar on street cos stress the stock turbo too much)

hope this helps!

PS Series 1 or 2?