SAU Community

R34 Or V35 Sedan

okay guys, i know i aint been here long but i need some serious non bullshit advice before i make a mistake a may regret.

i found a nice r34 silver sedan for 13500. it has 46000 kms and the paint is in good condition while the interior has seen better days... but it is still a good car, iv wanted a coupe for ages but will have to settle for the sedan as i need it for work....

however, my father suggest that i test drive a mint, and when i mean mint, i mean brand new, there is not a mark on this car, the interior is spotless and a mechanics check shows that it is a very good car. it is a silver v35 sedan with 26000kms on the clock and i can get it for 20000. it is a gt250 with sat nav but thats its.

so here the thing, i drove the v35, and fell in love with its smoothness, interior but not too fused on the looks. i drove the r34 and liked the rb25 more than the v6 but it was barely a big difference.

hokay, so i had to make a choice, so i went with the r34 on looks only. but after a night of thinking i went back to the dealer today, test drove both back to back, and new ( even though i didnt want to admit it ) it was the better car to buy. i would have to be stupid to let it go at this price ( i know the owner of the yard ).

so i signed for the v35 and got 6 months rego. the r34 came with only 2 months but it has log books from japan stating the genuine kilometers, he told me the other one in his lot was wound back and not to look at it even tho it was in better condition visually. the v35 gets registered tomorow i cant still change my mind but i dont know if i should. i have come to a real stalemate where i like both cars so much i cant choose. i like the r34 for looks and driveabilty, but the v35 has less k's is an 03 model, and is immaculate. both are auto, both drive good, and both have the same features bar the tv.

what would you do in this situation? i am gettin a loan so money isnt the issue ( business loan) so based on what ive told you what would you choose and why?

i know i sound nuts and really ungreatfull for even bitching about being in a position to buy a car but i really dont want to regret buying something when i know i should have bought the other.

thanks for reading.

if you can get a V35 sedan in a 350 GT-8 or 350 GT in manual, i'd pick that hands down over an R34 GT. If it's just a 250 GT, then I'd pick the R34 over it.

If any dealer starts bad mouthing or talking badly about a car on their yard, alarm bells would go off in my head... just because the k's on a car aren't legit, it doesn't make it a bad car, usually you'll find the k's are wond back to match the condition of the car (so it looks legit). Sounds to me like this dealer's trying to push the worse car onto you, once you're out the door, wait for the next sucker to come along to look at the other R34, and I can guarantee they won't mention it has wound back k's.

the dealer is a close family friend of mine and has been to japan himself. while i dont trust dealers, a relative and very close friend would trust him with their 90000 dollar bmw's so i take their word for it. the car i bought was orginaly for his wife, but she went with the coupe instead after driving a coupe.

thanks for the input guys, im still very very very iffy about choosing any of them. but something tells me to just wait and buy a gtt when i am old enough to ensure it properly ( and of my p's )- the coupe that is.

grrrrr still in the deciding phase....

the dealer is a close family friend of mine and has been to japan himself. while i dont trust dealers, a relative and very close friend would trust him with their 90000 dollar bmw's so i take their word for it.
ahh fair enough, in that case there'd be no alarm bells ringing, he's just doing what's right by you.

that said... the 250GT sedan sucks... driving one of those reminded me of driving a very heavy IS200. if you're gonna own a v35 sedan it has to be a 3.5L. There's literally no point in owning a 2.5L other than for the image and fuel econommy, and the image that a V35 sedan gives off isn't spectacular to start with... an R34 sedan would be better in that respect. Which leaves fuel economy, where the R34 and V35 would be pretty even. The only thing the V35 has going for it is being a newer car, and having a better/roomier interior.

sitting inside an R34 is nothing on sitting inside a V35. completely different class of car. one is a sports car, one is a luxury sports car.

they are both equally slow and equally handle quite well

although i am biassed as i own a V35, but hey i owned a R32 and sat in about 500 R33's and R34's in my time on SAU and while looking for cars

sitting inside an R34 is nothing on sitting inside a V35. completely different class of car. one is a sports car, one is a luxury sports car.

they are both equally slow and equally handle quite well

although i am biassed as i own a V35, but hey i owned a R32 and sat in about 500 R33's and R34's in my time on SAU and while looking for cars

well why driving the v35 i did fell alot more comfortable but i did not noticed any magor difference between their handling. however when i drove a coupe r34 gtt i realised that it shits all over the NA engine.

well after a sleepless couple of nites, and some serious thinking, i realise that perfomance isnt important to me and that my licence being as raped as it is i dont want to to attract any unwanted attention so at least the v35 could be made into a sleeper. i also need the car to go back and forth to the city every day so fuel economy is important which rules out the 300gt....or turbo charging.....for now.

thanks for all your help guys but im going to go for the v35. i already have 5 grand extra so after some wheels and maybe the wald body kit.

il ring the dealer up today with my choice ( he has got both cars put aside waiting for me to make a decision lol ) and host up some picks come wensday when i pick her up.

thanks again guys.

Good choice...being an R34 owner for the past 2 years and test driven the V35 recently, if given the above choices of the R34NA and V35 250, personally I would have gone the V35 too...

Hate to admit it but 34s are starting to pop up everywhere nowadays and are soon going to be like the 33s...

both in their stock form are pretty gutless but the V35 would be a much newer car and has more of a pimp, luxury factor over the 34...

Enjoy ur purchase and post some pics up when you get the chance...a nice set of 19" jap wheels, kit and lowering will be all thts needed to set you apart from the crowd !

Good choice...being an R34 owner for the past 2 years and test driven the V35 recently, if given the above choices of the R34NA and V35 250, personally I would have gone the V35 too...

Hate to admit it but 34s are starting to pop up everywhere nowadays and are soon going to be like the 33s...

both in their stock form are pretty gutless but the V35 would be a much newer car and has more of a pimp, luxury factor over the 34...

Enjoy ur purchase and post some pics up when you get the chance...a nice set of 19" jap wheels, kit and lowering will be all thts needed to set you apart from the crowd !

lol iv already made arrangements for the wheels.

r281blackqr4.jpg

i want these ones and if all goes well, they will be fitted after australia day, im looking into having it lowered- was thinking an inch in the front and half an inch in the rear if possible. still doing my homework on what sizes to get, i know i want a deeper/wider rim on the rear, just dont know if the car will allow it. i am looking at the wald body kit and the gilla corsa body kit- dont really like the front bar on any of them, so i may wait untill i find something that is a little nicer.

on friday the sound system is going in. nothing magor, but just some nice sounding music with the a dvd player wired up to the original screen, speakers front and rear, an amp, and a small sub. cost = 1500. so not bad imo.

cant wait to pick her up in the car yard that i took before i left- not much to see, but thought id post them anyways.

19012001dt0.jpg

19012008xd9.jpg

I'd get the Coupe shape in the V35, but that's just me...

You wouldn't be purchasing the car through japlink would you? I bought my R43 there, the pic looks like their caryard

Edited by Yo-Yo

have you checked out hte V35 section of the forum?

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Se...lines-f170.html

lots of info there for you including some info on wheel sizes:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v341/Die...tment_Chart.jpg

thanks for that chart waz, yeah been searching, but been taking so much in over the last couple of days sorta getting a headspin.

UPDATE: car is rego'd and ready to roll, but pick up is on friday......so it has pushed back the system date, bastards, but just cant wait to drive!!!!! been so long since i took any car for a nice drive around the local twisties.

ah come onz~ Even though 34's are becoming common its no where NEAR as common as 33's YET! Also the non turbo 34's are the reason why 34's are getting more common. Cuz half of the 34's ive seen so far are either automatic or non turbo or both.

• 3 months later...