SAU Community

What the best car alarm system for R33 GTST?

Went to Autobarn today again because i didn't manage to remote start when the engine is cold. The whole idea of remote start is to warm up the engine. But autobarn can't fix it. So it's a bit useless for me to get remote start oledi. Spent so much for nothing......

At the same time, i also bought a boost controller and a blow-off valve. Anyway is blow off valve illegal? i think i prefer the factory made valve than the one i bought in autobarn. And there tune my boost to 1 bar.. will that cause any damage to my engine? IT's really a fast car now... Yippy~~~

Originally posted by howhow82

And there tune my boost to 1 bar.. will that cause any damage to my engine?

Unless you have an aftermarket Turbo + FMIC i'd be turning that down. From my memory 1 bar = ~14.5psi which for a stock R33 Turbo is way too high. Try setting it to about 10psi and 12psi if u have a cooler and not too hot a day.

Yup stock turbo is only good for 11-12psi, but if u set it to say 10psi then u shouldn't have any problems regardless of the day temperature.

BOV is illegal in Vic if u do not plumb it back.

U should be able to get the remote start to work even on a cold day. Take it to another alarm installer.

For me, turbo timer setting at 1 min all the time and set the rest of the time to auto depending on how much u r boosting it

As Benm says, run it on 10psi for stock turb and it should be sweet.

Good luck with your skyline :)

• 1 year later...

Think about it this way. If anyone really wants your car, they'll tow it. But get a reality check. Your car is not a porsche, it's just a 20000 skyline. Most likely, they wouldn't bother with a towtruck.

I do a fair bit of work installing alarms, and i'll tell you that no matter how you install the alarm, it's still fairly easy to remove the alarm. Think about it this way, how do you install it? you cut wires, and join in the alarm. What will stop someone from removing the alarm unit, and rejoining the original wires (join wires of the same colour) ? Shouldn't take long at all. 4-5 hours to install a good alarm, 10 minutes to "uninstall" it. Alarms are more of a deterent for kids, or inexperienced people who think "oh, i'll just break into that and hotwire it and get a skyline!"

True, i got an alarm fitted in my car the other day (wont go into details) and while it's not a bad system i didn't go for the best on the market, there just seemed no need.

There are some simple ideas that might make your car less attractive for thieves, such as garaging it at home, and parking next to more expensive looking cars in shopping centres :P lol