SAU Community

Petrol In Sydney

JUN`R32

Hey All

Not sure if u guys have noticed but there seems to be no petrol in the sydney area, due to some refinery issue ?? :S

Anyone know if this is true,

poured petrol last night, no V power, no bp ultimate, no normal unleaded.

had to pour a lil bit of that crappy ethanol addative petrol from shell :S :S

Anyone have any insights into this as im gettin pi$$ed

already told off 2 shell servo employees, think she got a lil scared lol

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://news.theage.com.au/shell-reports-pr...80125-1o6a.html

BP at West Pennant Hills has still got a little bit (I say a "little bit" because 2 of the 4 pumps were out of service so I guess one of their tanks is empty)... The dodgey bastards have jacked the price up 3c though (now 13c more than regular unleaded)

I dare say that it will be a few weeks before we see fuel in the pumps because the refineries are going to be catching up for a while once production starts again!

Yeah we're farked...

The refinery that shell uses to produce most of it's v-power is out... it randomly failed, and now they have pushed ahead a scheduled maintenance period for it (lasts about a month)... Shell did say they were going to import V power from Thailand or somewhere though...

BP optishit should be fine though... Dunno what's up there...

BP Ultimate is better and cheaper than Shell Optimax IMO anyway...

I get up to 45 knock on the PowerFC when using Optimax and only 20-25 max with Ultimate! This far from a perfect method of testing fuel mind you, but im not going to pay more for fuel that gives me higher knock! :stupid:

Give it a try, you havent got much other choice at the moment - hehe

yehhh BP had no petrol at all last night, no ultimate and no unleaded....

pretty crazy, especially now when things where looking to get cheaper

ggrrrrr

soo annoying

last thing i wanna do is drive around for 30min lookin for petrol in traffic

The local servo people don't get told shit... they don't even know when the trucks will turn up... they just say they are empty or close to empty and the petrol company sends a truck out...

it's pathetic...

And Jon, V power racing is the best fuel I have used yet :stupid:

meh, I have noticed some pumps out, but I just filled up the legacy GT the other day with 98 at mobil. thankfully it gets shitloads of kms to a tank and I drive fark all so it should be a while till it needs to be filled again. BUT when the GTR is in action is a whole other story. :stupid:

i hate that,getting to the servo and finding they all out of Ultimate,Luckily i got 4 within a 5k radius.

But 1 of them doesn't sell Ultimate at all...dodgey...

Work Ute FTFFW!

Well In chatswood I waited about 15 mins at each servo, it was banked up and the price was only $1.31.. Im like right.. As if you going to save more for 4c but neways check out 4 shells about 5 mins away from each other and all had no v power.

I was pissed and was wondering why people had even bothered lining up.. they just had ethanol on tap!:S

Anyways I settled for BP Optishit and the car runs like dog balls, I think Ill be hitting up Vortex, at least it cleans at it goes and gives fantastic power.. Pitty it lasts only a few days

Well In chatswood I waited about 15 mins at each servo, it was banked up and the price was only $1.31.. Im like right.. As if you going to save more for 4c but neways check out 4 shells about 5 mins away from each other and all had no v power.

I was pissed and was wondering why people had even bothered lining up.. they just had ethanol on tap!:S

Anyways I settled for BP Optishit and the car runs like dog balls, I think Ill be hitting up Vortex, at least it cleans at it goes and gives fantastic power.. Pitty it lasts only a few days

EXACTLY the same story as me, except I only went to one Shell and then investigated the problem...

Optishit feels laggy and less responsive... I want my v power racing back :)