SAU Community

Reference Check An Importer Before You Buy

lakesideguy

Hi Guys,

I want to buy a V35 350GT, probably directly from a local importer or from Japan. Can anybody who has done this, please give me some pointers or recommend a company/individual who can get the car freighted, complianced and registered?

Thanks in advance for the help!

for car yard i have had good experiance with Motor man imports they actually sourced a car i wanted exact to my spec for me took around 3 months tho .. complied RWC warranty etc was all supplied

Autoforce imports was a good one as well sadly they dont bring cars in anymore , more into monkey warehouse stuff

Import one Mark has some nice cars some are a bit overly expensive...for what they are

best bet would be try Prestige imports or Unique Imports or Jspec there arent many decent importers left

for car yard i have had good experiance with Motor man imports they actually sourced a car i wanted exact to my spec for me took around 3 months tho .. complied RWC warranty etc was all supplied

Autoforce imports was a good one as well sadly they dont bring cars in anymore , more into monkey warehouse stuff

Import one Mark has some nice cars some are a bit overly expensive...for what they are

best bet would be try Prestige imports or Unique Imports or Jspec there arent many decent importers left

Autoforce really did a good job , kelvin is good man

but like u said, he doesn't do anymore import.

i bought my V35 from import auto centre on the southside

http://www.importautocentre.com.au/

their advertised prices aren't cheap but i bargained down a fair way right before the end of financial year and got a good deal

the car was of excellent quality and came with nearly all the options available

have you checked out the V35 specific section of the forums?

The thing with importing is that you don't really get to see what ur getting, which sucks/scary. I imported myself a gtr from asianway. They're a nice bunch of people, reasonably priced too. And extremly quick. From time of winning auction to time it landed in port of brisbane was 2.5 weeks! Piece of advice, if importing, try finding a car in the same city as ur agent's. My gtr was in the same city as my agent and he personally went there and inspected the car for me. (which turned out to be a pretty clean car) If not, agent can only go by inspection sheets and couple of photos. Buying from local importer definately safer. Have fun!

i bought my V35 from import auto centre on the southside

http://www.importautocentre.com.au/

their advertised prices aren't cheap but i bargained down a fair way right before the end of financial year and got a good deal

the car was of excellent quality and came with nearly all the options available

have you checked out the V35 specific section of the forums?

I can second the recommendation for Import Auto Centre. I bought my 34 from them just over a year ago. I walked in and said that i wanted a GT-T sedan, manual, and they said they had one which was being imported at the time. They showed me a photo of it and rang me as soon as it came in the country almost 3 months later. I test drove it and had a deposit on it, before compliance was even completed.

I wasn't totally happy with the service of one of the salesmen there, however, Mark (the manager) was fantastic.

I can second the recommendation for Import Auto Centre. I bought my 34 from them just over a year ago. I walked in and said that i wanted a GT-T sedan, manual, and they said they had one which was being imported at the time. They showed me a photo of it and rang me as soon as it came in the country almost 3 months later. I test drove it and had a deposit on it, before compliance was even completed.

I wasn't totally happy with the service of one of the salesmen there, however, Mark (the manager) was fantastic.

I bought my 34 from there as well (Probably just before you bought yours). I found both Mark and the other salesman I worked with to be overly pushy. But that was really to be expected and didn't phase me much. However the car has held up, so no real complaints. They had plenty of V35's down there at the time (Just over a year ago) so I'd assume they will still have a steady supply

I bought my 34 from there as well (Probably just before you bought yours). I found both Mark and the other salesman I worked with to be overly pushy. But that was really to be expected and didn't phase me much. However the car has held up, so no real complaints. They had plenty of V35's down there at the time (Just over a year ago) so I'd assume they will still have a steady supply

I thought customer service was ordinary too.

But they had a nice and clean r33 that I wanted and so I bought.

Just be firm when negotiating the price, the prices are way too high.

the thing is, after checking out almost every V35 for sale in QLD when i was looking a while back, i realised that the cliche of used car salesman being tools was in fact true.

the service and sales at import auto centre wasn't fantastic but compared to others in the industry they are probably ahead of the majority and when things are all done they were quite nice.

it was very hard to get a hold of mark however after i had made the purchase and wanting to ask a few q's about the car, but overall a good experience and i would go back again.