SAU Community

Rb25det Neo & Rb26dett

HKS_R34

hey guys, I have a mate with a spare rb26dett with a piston down in 1st.

Have just picked up a r34. Just wanting to know what can I take off the 26dett to put on the 25det? as in head/block? etc. etc.

I know the crank is possible. What else?

Cheers.

Edited by HKS_R34

Where in my post did i say i can take the head off and wack it on the 25? I simply asked what is interchangeable.

I do not want to put the 26 in the car simply due to the fact i want to keep the 25det as it has very low km's.

Edited by HKS_R34

Well, since the heads are different, you can't interchange the parts (Intake & exhaust manifolds etc).

The block, I'm not too sure but the crank and rods can be used, not the pistons because RB26 pistons have a different gugen pin position.

Seriously, its not worth it. I'd rebuild the RB26 and complete swap the engines if you want the decent engine.

Pull your old engine out and sell it to pay for the changover.

But you mentioned the crank etc - you'd have to pull down the RB25 anyway to put it in?

Just because the odometer says it has low km's, doesn't mean they are. 90% of imports are wound back... And some I have seen as much as 50,000kms to 100,000kms. THink about it - THe car will be 10 years old, and most likely have 20,000 on it.. A normal driver does about 10,000 per year.

Edited by The Mafia

As the guys have already said you are not being specific enough about what is is you are trying to achieve. An example perhaps, the RB26 knock sensors will bolt onto the RB25DET Neo block. Is that useful to you? Probably not since the RB25DET Neo knock sensors are just as good (and possibly newer) than RB26 knock sensors. But maybe the knock sensors on your engine are stuffed, so the RB26 ones would be useful. The other bit of vital information that is missing is what model of RB26? For example an R34GTR exhaust camshaft will fit an RB25DET NEO, but an R32/33GTR exhaust camshaft won't, because the CAS drive is different. Oil pump, an R32GTR oil pump is not worth swapping to, but an R33GTR S2 and R34GTR oil pumps are definitely worth it.

Not so simple is it? So please supply some more info and we will see what we can do.

Cheers

Gary

As the guys have already said you are not being specific enough about what is is you are trying to achieve. An example perhaps, the RB26 knock sensors will bolt onto the RB25DET Neo block. Is that useful to you? Probably not since the RB25DET Neo knock sensors are just as good (and possibly newer) than RB26 knock sensors. But maybe the knock sensors on your engine are stuffed, so the RB26 ones would be useful. The other bit of vital information that is missing is what model of RB26? For example an R34GTR exhaust camshaft will fit an RB25DET NEO, but an R32/33GTR exhaust camshaft won't, because the CAS drive is different. Oil pump, an R32GTR oil pump is not worth swapping to, but an R33GTR S2 and R34GTR oil pumps are definitely worth it.

Not so simple is it? So please supply some more info and we will see what we can do.

Cheers

Gary

Thanks this is the sort of information i was looking for. It is an r33 rb26dett,

As for the kms. Well compression come back 150 across all boards. So im happy that it is a relatively safe base to work with.

Edited by HKS_R34

Cheers

Gary

hi,

sorry for correcting you SK, but afaik rb26 knock sensors are quite different from rb25.