SAU Community

Removing Stickers

R338OY

Hey lads,

I've got some stickers on the boot and left and right fenders that i want to get rid of, they're kinda old looking.

What's the best/safest method to do this? I heard a blowdryer and some kind of solution will do it?

Thanks in advance.

what i used on mine was a hair dryer, then the stickers came off easily, but had a little bit of a sticky residue left, and a guy told me to use 'wax and grease' remover, and it worked a treat and didnt heart the paint..

Hey lads,

I've got some stickers on the boot and left and right fenders that i want to get rid of, they're kinda old looking.

What's the best/safest method to do this? I heard a blowdryer and some kind of solution will do it?

Thanks in advance.

that's right, just use blow dryer and pry them off with your fingers or something that's solid but won't scratch the metal surface

sticky residue you can take off either with blow drying again and smudging it off slowly or methylated spirit

a citric based adhesive remover available from Bunnings. It smells like oranges and may even have orange something in the name can't remember but it is the best, completey non-toxic and won't damage anything... it so good it will remove windscreen sealants from stuff as well, no problem...

a citric based adhesive remover available from Bunnings. It smells like oranges and may even have orange something in the name can't remember but it is the best, completey non-toxic and won't damage anything... it so good it will remove windscreen sealants from stuff as well, no problem...

Listen to the man! Tried it to get the sticky stuff left over from my old service sticker off, worked a treat!!

A word of warning with citric adhesive remover- it marked my clearcoat.

Blowdryer worked good and the stickers are off, but i'm not using the adhesive remover for any more of the glue.

What about metho or wax & grease remover? Are they gentle on the clearcoat?

I'm not fussed about the paint, it looks as though a professional detailer can just polish it out :whistling:

Thats interesting that you say it damaged your clear coat cause it's just orange juice, that would mean you don't need brake fluid to stuff peoples paint jobs just some juice...

I've never heard of it damageing anything, in fact we use it to get adhesive off clients cars all the time...

Eucalyptus oil is the go for cleaning glue and the like of delicate surfaces. Could also even simple use some isopropyl alcohol (normally used as a pre-injection sterilizer)

Cheers

Camden

• 2 weeks later...
Thats interesting that you say it damaged your clear coat cause it's just orange juice, that would mean you don't need brake fluid to stuff peoples paint jobs just some juice...

I've never heard of it damageing anything, in fact we use it to get adhesive off clients cars all the time...

i have that problem....the stupid dumb japs left it on my car and never wiped it off....on my front left quarter i have drop spots......not happy....essentially took it back to the bare metal....oh well....as long as i seal it over for now it wont rust.....

as for the sticker removal....im gonna do that 2moz.........hair dryer and metho....and while im there...take off the other stickers on the inside of my windscreen.......

Metho is completley safe for car paint. i use it everyday on cars at work to prep for sticker application. not really ideal for removing the glue, bug and tar/citric based stuff is best. just roll the glue with your thumb and it should come off.

if you get the heat just right with your hairdryer u wont leave behind any glue anyways.

Edited by sivart