SAU Community

GTR strip launch

Guest Rhino

Munro - you wouldn't happen to own that silver R33 GTR with TD-06's that was in zoom ages ago ???

Nissaner don't change when it hits the rev limiter otherwise it will bog.... keep your foot in to till you get traction and reach the speed you normal change gears at..

Fatz is a sore losser :shake:

No. That TD06 car belongs to Doug Dinan.I have driven it though.

9500rpm 1st,2nd,&3rd & it flies.Should of seen the grandma on the sidewalk jumping over the fence to avoid the blur!Probably

thought it was a jet landing or something!The TD06s dont come on boost till around 6000rpm so you have to rev the hell out of it to get a useful power band.His car was the inspiration for mine.

Although I seem to have lost the plot somewhere along the way!

My car is on page 26 of HPI no.24 & page 60 of Zoom no. 54.

Due to the 3 litre capacity & smallish? 2835R turbos it comes on

much earlier(around 4500rpm) & the push in the back is awesome.

Doug's car has just had a fresh engine build by Adelaide Engine

Developments so I'll have to watch out next time I run into him

on the street with my R33!!! HaHa:uh-huh:

Doug is a helicopter pilot so he is really good at low flying.:)

Another mate, Kier Wilson, has also had an OS 3 litre engine fitted

to his R32 GTR so Adelaide certainly has some sick GTRs around the place.Looking forward to summer.It will be good to get these

3 GTRs together for some WRX hunting.:shake:

Munro.

Kier cars is the one that ran 10.6 ??

2835R's DAM thats some tasty turbos ;) 4500rpm seem pretty dam good for thoes turbo's to come on !! what does she rev to ??

I don't have any of thoes mag issues :) don't suppose you could post a picture ??? i would love to see more of your beast !!

When you and Doug have a little run in please for the love of god film it :P nothing better then watching 2 tuff GTR's fight it out :uh-huh:

Guest SPOOLIN

WoooHooo!!! I hope im out cruzin when all these bad a** GTRs come out:D

Plz son of rajab let me be behind them when they go thru the Hysen tunnels, the noise will be awesome:uh-huh: :burnout:

Lee

Guys I did a few launches in the GTR last nite.

I tried 6500 and it seemed oookay... nothing spectacular. I still felt it bogged a bit. Then 5000 it was very slow off the mark. I also found that with the 6500 launch the car got traction pretty quick and then I tapped out in 1st gear before I realised it and shifted to 2nd.... probably lost me half a second...

My car is standard with exhaust and boost restrictor removed... when we talk about redline lauches are we talking 7000, 8000 or in between???

Also how much abuse can the clutch take before it dies??

I have just replaced my standard clutch. They are very strong and reliable at close to stock levels and dont suffer from too much fade after half a dozen launches at the strip. Mine was about half worn so a better condition one would be a lot better.