SAU Community

My Heart Says ....yes

blackheart

I like the Stagea ... I like its looks as I'm very keen to be driving a 200kw NEO. I 've got a buyer in Japan looking at a range of vehicles and when I emailed him he said Stageas are cold at the moment with buyers etc....

I've looked at Legnums they look great have some awesome specs but I'm not convinced...I drive a Mitsu and have driven plenty in the past. If I buy a Legnum I might just think I'm in a Magna Station Wagon....except for the 200kw juice...

Stagea owners convince me why I should buy a Stagea... I'd like a Series II WGNC34 1998-200ish Pearl Neo Sunroof , leather etc..... :)

I don't own one either... but check out a member on here called Brycey he has a yellow stagea witha 34 front... HAWT! :)

I would buy one, I could put so much audio gear in it :)

I don't own one either... but check out a member on here called Brycey he has a yellow stagea witha 34 front... HAWT! :)

I would buy one, I could put so much audio gear in it :)

LOL

You can also put babies in them without having the stupid 2 doors..

yeah, cause I have tonnes of babies...

Sif Corinne... sif :laugh:

It's funny that you say that...cause I had to change my old Mazda 323 Coupe vbecause my 1st daughter arrived. I changed my first import a Delica because my son couldn't handle it and it was a pain in the a** climbing in ad doing their seatbelts up. Same for a Skyline coupe my wife wouldn't let me,,,,seatbelts again....

But now they are over 6 can put on their seatbelts and away we go......

Of course my wife ...now doesn't like the look of them......??? I do though.

More convincing needed.... what are they like inside....how do they drive...what sort of grunt do they have...

What's the fuel economy...I already know and I don't care. :D

Corinne will pick on you if you turn up to SAU cruises in a mitsubish.

What I lie! I said I liked your car! I have nothing against Mitsubishi's as I own one..

They are quite roomy inside.. well compared to the 32's I like them. They are nice and smooth.

Why don't you go take your wife to a dealership to look at them take one out for a test drive see what you think.

Get her involved with it.

I think the Stagea will be my next car if I start popping babies out. Haha..

hehe :)

But yes, give the Stagea's a look over. They where #4 on the list of new cars I was going to buy last year, but it was pretty hard to find one in manual and the automatics really didn't excite me much at all.

They're a bit like anything really, throw enough money and work into one and it'll be a good looking, fast wagon. Stock I thought they where comparable to most of the Mitsu Legnums and Volvo station wagons with a similar format/engine configuration, unless of course you can find an Autech one, but thats a whole different story

only chucking my 2c in here, but the fuel economy in a stagea is far better than that of a legnum. stagea will get slightly less than an r34 gtt, legnums get 50-100km less for the same amount of fuel... and they look/drive/sound/feel better.

a bit of a no brainer if you ask me lol

• 2 weeks later...

legnum!

mine ran a 14.2 down the 1/4 mile stock... my gf's stag with exhaust, pod, safc.. does 15's. :nyaanyaa:

fuel is about the same, my gf just got 468km to 46L in the legnum, so it could possibly be better than the stag...

plus things lik factory recaro's, hi vis dash, and the amount of torque the V6 puts out, make it a very nice car

only chucking my 2c in here, but the fuel economy in a stagea is far better than that of a legnum. stagea will get slightly less than an r34 gtt, legnums get 50-100km less for the same amount of fuel...

Plz excuse me whilst I quietly piss myself laughing.

Lets get one thing straight. If you are at all worried about fuel economy, then don't look at a stagea. 1750kg+ wagon plus 2.5 lt boosted engine is NEVER going to give you good fuel economy, and if you have a read of the stagea section it is a topic that comes up again and again. Even when I first bought mine (RIP) I was a bit taken aback by how much fuel it used.

Having said that though, they are an absolutely beautiful car to drive, the interiors are awesome, options available are endless, and the amount of car you get for your money is unsurpassed in this country IMO. If the wife is a factor, then rest assured because mine fell in love with the stagea from the moment we picked it up (fuel consumption nonwithstanding) and I am yet to meet a woman that doesn't love owning them.

You also have almost the same amount of options as the skyline guys for mods, and we have members running up to and beyond 600hp at the hubs, so speed is really not an issue, and as mentioned before, the rice factor is only limited by your imagination (but DO check out Brycey's ride)

Oh, and welcome!