SAU Community

Top Gear Critises Skylines

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What he said about the skylines is nothing but the truth. Crap is if he were lying.

R32's with crossed drilled rotors are known to crack when heated and cooled too quickly.

R33's have a 3rd gear syncro that wears out pretty quickly.

Every car has flaws and the GTR's are no different. The difference is weather their minor or major.

yea i was a bit stumped about the syncro statement ???

mine is still going strong. and none of my mates have problems.

i can understand the rotor thing,,,but never heard of it happening.

but he has nothing useful to add. so i think he may just be talking some crap, just to fill his segment.

If I'm a little too harsh on gear changes I crunch in between 3rd and 4th. Granted I don't drive a GT-R, but it is a problem I face every now and then. Just means I need to use my head instead of the syncro sometimes.

As for tyre wear on the inside... negative camber does that... but even so, is this really a "flaw" or just a side effect? Its easy to fix though. How? Buy new tyres. Can't afford new tyres? Then you shouldn't be able to afford a car, let alone a performance one.

did anyone watch TOPGEAR on sbs the other day, the fat guy was talking alot of shit about the skylines and jeremy clarkeson said to him that they were great cars. i heard say that the R32 brakes would explode and the r33 engine is crap with the gear changing, but he said that the R34 GTR is a "bulletproof" that was good until he said the wheels were crap. i love this show but they were too harsh on the skylines they called them a playstation which i think is right to an extent Coz wen u crash u dont get a new car but die. what other people think of this show and comments about the skyline

welcome to yesterday bro

Who gives a shit what Top Gear say about Skylines.

Cuz if the car ain't a English and/or Euro car they nit pick the shit out of it thats not worth listening to IMO.

Clarkson took a TVR out in one episode and blew his load over it and said he'd be up to the change to car, so Vicky Buttler Henderson (VBH) got a GTR R32 and with a few mods and a 2.8lt conversion / stroker kit and put Clarkson to shame.

Good on her for doing so. Shut the old f**ker up.

yeah i know, jeremy clarckson was defensive about the skylines he didnt say anything wrong, but the fat guy was talking alot of crap!

Who cares about what the fat guy thinks, just cuz he needs a fat car to fit his fat ass in the sit and he should go on that TV show The Biggest Loser.

:/

Edited by (00)SKYLINE(00)

u do realise he was just acting to set the scene right?

Who gives a shit what Top Gear say about Skylines.

Cuz if the car ain't a English and/or Euro car they nit pick the shit out of it thats not worth listening to IMO.

Clarkson took a TVR out in one episode and blew his load over it and said he'd be up to the change to car, so Vicky Buttler Henderson (VBH) got a GTR R32 and with a few mods and a 2.8lt conversion / stroker kit and put Clarkson to shame.

Good on her for doing so. Shut the old f**ker up.

^^Yeah dude Im not going nuts over what he says, I just find it really stupid (If he is "setting up" the scene) just for entertainment / acting.

Top Gear do make it entertaining tho. They can pull of a segment on a ordinary sedan and make it more fun to watch then the AUS car shows doing a segment on a race car. :/

Clarkson took a TVR out in one episode and blew his load over it

Now who's being one-sided?

He's also criticised the lacklustre build quality, the lack of traction control, ABS, or any other safety aid in a 400hp/ton car, the twitchy handling, the fact that you need to be some kind of art major in obscurism to work out how to open the door or start the car when it comes to TVRs.

And lets not forget that most of the Rover employees blame him and Top Gear for burying their company after they always did demeaning reviews of anything they turned out.

He's not exactly a fan of Vauxhalls (Monaro excluded) either.

good old clarkson,

i have one of his old videos(whats that?) where hes look for the best car in the world ever(so he says)

with richard burns(rip),and tim harvey. test ferrari,porsche,mitsi 3000gt,r33 skyline,and others

gtr eats every thing 1 second quicker fastest lap.

clarkson says fastest there but unexciting.

then says ferrai maranello(i think by memory) is best car

throught there and then clarkson has never put shit on a ferrari

must be sponsored by them or something. :D

did anyone watch TOPGEAR on sbs the other day, the fat guy was talking alot of shit about the skylines and jeremy clarkeson said to him that they were great cars. i heard say that the R32 brakes would explode and the r33 engine is crap with the gear changing, but he said that the R34 GTR is a "bulletproof" that was good until he said the wheels were crap. i love this show but they were too harsh on the skylines they called them a playstation which i think is right to an extent Coz wen u crash u dont get a new car but die. what other people think of this show and comments about the skyline

I was told about this show after it had aired, but found somewhere to download it yesterday.

Yeah, I was a little like 'WTF?' at the exploding brakes comment, they also said that the turbos are only good for 50,000K's...

Whilst I do find the show interesting at times, I can't stand the compares - especially Clarkeson. He's SUCH a freakin' KNOB.

By the way, that was a very old episode: season 1, episode 4.