SAU Community

Advice On Removing R34 Gtt Front Bar

Howie

Hey all,

Probably a simple one for you guys.. just wanted to know what's the easiest way to go about removing the front bar for a R34 GTT. I've seen the step by step article for the R33 and it looks different... but then i haven't tried so I don't know.

Can someone give me some pointers?

Cheers all,

Howie

Hey Howie,

Undo the splash guard under neath the front bar if there is one there and then there are two bolt on either side of the front bar in the guards.

One is where the guard meets the front bar and the other is about half way in between the first bolt and the headlight youy will have to feel with your hand if it is even there. If the bar has been taken off before it will most likely not be there as most people dont bother puttin gthe second bolt back.

I think that is it, if you have any issues let me knoe and i can probably come and give you a hand.

Cheers

Shaun

I'm trying to remove my front bar at the moment and I can feel there's in between the guard and headlights. It's pretty tight for me to squeeze my hand in there to undo it.. any easier method I should take? Do i need to remove the splash guard completely?

Hey ducki, you can just see it here where i removed the bar.

east_bear_lip_off.jpg

I found it easier to remove the inner plastic guard, then full right lock it to remove the two drivers side bolts.. then full left lock to remove the two passenger side bolts. I used a long screw driver with an extension to help.

Also there's two plastic clips behind the numberplate and two screws on the grill you need to remove.

All the best.. and thanks to Evil34 for putting me on the right track in the first place mate.. here's what i ended up doing over the weekend.. fixing up an east bear lip (had to make a fiberglass mould from the bumper hence why it had to come off).

east_bear_lip_quarter.jpg

yeah.. hehe managed to removed my bar.. today too...

had to really shove my hands under the bumper to get the 2 last one out.

I didn't need to remove anything behind the no. plate.. think its different for me since its the standard bar but also thanks to Evil34 otherwise I wouldn't have known the bolts in the guards existed.

Hey ducki, you can just see it here where i removed the bar.

east_bear_lip_off.jpg

I found it easier to remove the inner plastic guard, then full right lock it to remove the two drivers side bolts.. then full left lock to remove the two passenger side bolts. I used a long screw driver with an extension to help.

Also there's two plastic clips behind the numberplate and two screws on the grill you need to remove.

All the best.. and thanks to Evil34 for putting me on the right track in the first place mate.. here's what i ended up doing over the weekend.. fixing up an east bear lip (had to make a fiberglass mould from the bumper hence why it had to come off).

east_bear_lip_quarter.jpg

hey where did you get that lower lip from. looks sick