SAU Community

Pictures Before It Leaves

After selling my car after Sydney Auto salon final Battle I was a little undecided as to what to buy next. Not being able to make up my mind i bought a 2000 IS200 then proceeded to lower it 4 inches and put 20's on it. Car looked the goods but had no power at all.

post-23484-1206247962_thumb.jpgpost-23484-1206247972_thumb.jpg

After thinking for a while I have now bought a 2004 V35 Skyline. Car has around 15,000kms on it and is a premium with sunroof and Bose stereo. I am looking to take this car in another direction, although show / street is nice I want the Skyline to be a classy cruiser. Think I will leave the interior basically standard (few touches here and there) and just upgrade the stereo. Bigger wheels and lower it slightley.

post-23484-1206247996_thumb.jpgpost-23484-1206248018_thumb.jpg

post-23484-1206248048_thumb.jpgpost-23484-1206248040_thumb.jpg

post-23484-1206248006_thumb.jpg

Couldn't help myself, car is now at Prime Garage in Japan having a Trust exhaust fitted. This will give it a great note but keep it looking nice and stock.

Tell me what you guys think. Have already ordered a few little parts from the states such as clear lights, badges, infiniti scuff plates etc etc.

post-23484-1206248030_thumb.jpg

thnking of eventually buying V35 4 door as a daily...what are you going to do about the stereo (stock) item..i know Jap ones do not have the entire FM band as the Aus sold radios, also any fix on Jap Satellite Navigation. i remember tread long time ago on SAU, and the guy could not find a way to convert them to Aussie MAPs..other than simply to use the screen as a monitor.

keep us upto date with your details...........

all the standard stereo will eventually come out as i see it as to much stuffing around and $$$ to get it all working. At the end of the day you only end up with a stock stereo.

I believe Chris Rodgers on here can get it working but wont be cheap to have full function NAV.

Mine will all be replaced with aftermarket items.

I hope you realised that during compliance the exhaust fitted by prime garage in japan must be removed and replaced with standard item, so I hope it's not a waste of your time and money getting it done over there before compliance is done...