SAU Community

Powerhouse Racing Development?

ScaryTed77

Hi guys,

I'm from the Campbelltown area (and yes, haven't made it to a meet yet :D ).

Currently, I'm taking my car to a tuner a fair way away from me. I'm happy with them, I get good service, good pricing and they are nice guys to boot.

HOWEVER the hassle of getting to / from the tuners has always been a downside, especially as I'm getting busier work-wise these days. I was reading a Zoom mag today (not current issue, issue 114) and came across a full page ad for Powerhouse Racing Development, apparently in Campbelltown. I've never heard of these guys before, and I haven't heard talk of them on here.

So, does anyone know anything about them? Anyone used them? In the ad it says they do tuning on S13, 14, 15 and R32, 33, 34s, and that they have a Mainline Dyno.

As stated, I'm pretty happy with my current tuner and most likely won't go anywhere else, the only thing that tempts me to give Powerhouse a try is that they are closer to where I live.

Thanks.

They were closed for awhile or looked closed?? Then the cops raided the place for some reason.

I have never seen any customers in or around there.Come to think of it i have never seen their garage door open.

They were closed for awhile or looked closed?? Then the cops raided the place for some reason.

I have never seen any customers in or around there.Come to think of it i have never seen their garage door open.

Yeah Bnew...need to see you at a meet!!!! :banana:

They have now closed and sold up. Re-opened as macuathur auto group. They are now speciallising in the european market but different owners.

Yes they had a mainline dyno and claimed to be tunners. I never seen anything in the carpark id even consider "tunned"

If your looking for a close local tuner there really are not any. I know a fair few tuners that live in the area but non of them work locally.

Adam at JEM is at moorebank and is probably the closest to you.

Yeah Bnew...need to see you at a meet!!!! :D

Yes well...in the future, hopefully. Would be nice to meet you all. Still think I'd feel all self-conscious with my stock rims though :) It's not that I wouldn't LIKE a nice set of Jap-style rims, but whenever I think about spending the cash more mechanical/performance things pop into my mind that I could spend it on instead, and that's that.

I thought it was strange that there was a tuner in Campbelltown and I didn't notice- whilst I don't live in Campbelltown itself I'm there a fair bit. It's a shame there's no workshop in the area though, I would have thought the demand was there for one. A mate of mine was talking about opening one in Narellan, but thus far I don't think anything has eventuated.

Thanks for the advice guys.

I have a few mates who are very keen on opening a performance based workshop in the C,town area.As there seems to be a market for it around here.

They are calculating the finance situation atm.

Hopefully something will come of it.

the problem is without a reputation or atleast someone who is a knowledgable tuner the businsines' are almost always set to fail. You only have a small market in this area and those that have big dollar cars are already set with thier prefered workshops and wont be taking a chance with a new shop.

Kystoph had RUF performance in ingelburn before Adrian took over and made it Toda austrailia and moved to wetheril park.

There simply was not enough business around for him to thrive so he had to make the decission to move it elsewhere.

Adrian is a brilliant tuner and also a very good mechanic. There is also Lewis at drift garage in ingleburn who is also a good mechanic but not a tuner.

Alternativly you could get a hold of a local tuner (there are a fair few around here) and hire sureflo's dyno on a saturday morning. Greg is always willing to hire the dyno out as Ive used it alot in the past for locals that are not prepared to travel to Kirrawe for a tune.

Yeah was a shame matt left but his persuing a carreer in carrerra cup so he was off racing more than he was working.

The guys there now are decent exhaust fabricators and Greg always looks after me price wise so I keep buying materials from him and the dyno hire as well is handy.