SAU Community

Thinking Of Selling :-(

muaythailuke

Hey Guys,

Haven’t been on here for a LONG time but anyway the time has come and im thinking of selling my skyline I haven’t been reading much on import stuff of late so im a bit out of touch what they are worth these days.

Righto a brief description of my car -

Its a white '93 R33 gts-t M-spec, only owner in aus, 90ish thou on the clock, 17" wheels, apexi coil overs, whiteline handling pack, GTR front bar, hicas lock bar, slotted DBR brake rotors all round, Very large FMIC with 3" stainless piping & HKS BOV, Trust oil cooler, Plasman front facing intake with Q45 T/B, Sard 750cc injectors, Sard fuel reg, PWR alloy radiator, lotsa silicone hoses, splitfire coil packs, Davies Craig thermo fan, fully rebuilt engine including - forged & balanced bottom end, lightened crank, ported & polished head with new valves and tomei valve springs and HKS cams, 1.2mm tomei H/G, HKS GT3037ProS turbo with custom 4" exhaust, Haltech e11v2, Exedy twin plate clutch, Alpine stereo including head unit, front splits and rear 6x9's in custom parcel shelf, red leather handbrake & gearstick boot plus Gismo knob a C's short shift kit, momo steerer, defi gauges, haltech a/f ratio meter, GReedy turbo timer, LED rear lights, tinted windows, sunroof etc etc.....

So... what do ya think would be a good starting point? Roughly?

Cheers fellas

i think by rights you should be looking at more a 20g mark. i havent been looking at r33 myself but for example todays paper has 2 r33s in it for 16g mark as fairly stock items.

20 may sound a bit steep but it has haltech hks and other good stuff wich would add up fast plus a engine rebiuld.

but in saying that its only worth what someone will pay.

another good example is a bloke that has just moved down to tas. he had highly modified r33 (all bolt on stuff) and it wouldnt sell for around the 18 mark. so he pulled everything off and put it back to stock and sold the turbo kit including computer and other misc stuf and now plans to sell the car stock.

just my 2 cents

definately look for around 20k. the rebuild, turbo setup, handling, braking is all done. its a very well modded r33, buyer wont need to spend a cent! only downside is that its an r33 series 1. but damn i love all the mods!! i wouldnt even bother selling it!

DJRIFT your probably right, id be better off pullin it apart and sellin it in bits! Its f**ken crap, its hardly worth selling it as id prob only get what i payed for it and ive easly spent that much again moding it!!

cool. thinking of selling mine too. 95 M-spec series 1.5 good condition 100k on clock, gfb BOV, songle stage atomoc boost controller, running 10psi, new fuel ratio gauge, tinted windows, sub, amp mp3 jvc head unit, retrimmed airbag steering wheel, new gear nob etc. Very nice, but how much?

Mate i had simlar mods to you and i let mine go for 20k to a dealer. If i had my time again i would return the car to std and sell the parts seperate. Just my opinion cause i lost over 45k on my skyline :S

cool. thinking of selling mine too. 95 M-spec series 1.5 good condition 100k on clock, gfb BOV, songle stage atomoc boost controller, running 10psi, new fuel ratio gauge, tinted windows, sub, amp mp3 jvc head unit, retrimmed airbag steering wheel, new gear nob etc. Very nice, but how much?

well like i said before i haven been folowing the r33 prices but realistcly in todays buying and selling world i think you would wnat to think around 13G.

that may seem low but its a 95 so 12 years old and its basicly standard. not that there is anything wrong with having a standard one just onec you get up to 15g at the moment you can find some realy good r33s with turbo and suspension upgrades.

if it was mine pull the sub and amps and the few things off the engine and sell it as stock.

well like i said before i haven been folowing the r33 prices but realistcly in todays buying and selling world i think you would wnat to think around 13G.

that may seem low but its a 95 so 12 years old and its basicly standard. not that there is anything wrong with having a standard one just onec you get up to 15g at the moment you can find some realy good r33s with turbo and suspension upgrades.

if it was mine pull the sub and amps and the few things off the engine and sell it as stock.

But mate, aren't you a total fag who really knows nothing about cars and gets your mates to do the work for you? I've heard you couldn't even roll your own gurds never mind knowing what anything is actually worth! I really wouldn't take any notice of "Mr Cougarboobs" here if I was you.

Edited by richzx

yeh im still thinking i need my car at the moment until around june or july. im not sure if i mentioned but it has 18 inch wheels too. V nice. yes well if i do decide to sell they will be getting a good deal as i have looked after it. anyways, ty for the advice. i reckon when i come back from europe will have to buy another.

yeh im still thinking i need my car at the moment until around june or july. im not sure if i mentioned but it has 18 inch wheels too. V nice. yes well if i do decide to sell they will be getting a good deal as i have looked after it. anyways, ty for the advice. i reckon when i come back from europe will have to buy another.

hwy mate. what i gave you was just a key board estimate so please dont be put off. factors such as actual condition will make a difference and i find personly just put a high price on it and be prepared to negotiate.

hwy mate. what i gave you was just a key board estimate so please dont be put off. factors such as actual condition will make a difference and i find personly just put a high price on it and be prepared to negotiate.

yeh mate, sounds he go to me. cheers

• 4 weeks later...

Hey mate, I just sold my 33 with a somewhat similar setup (externally gated 3037 blah blah) and FARRRRKKKKKKKK did I get some wankers out there. I was getting riduculous offers. I remember some guy came and had 3 looks at the car and then even had me take it to his mechanics and the mechanic even said it was a nice car, and then he offered me 13,000. I was like "Hmmm well considering its got a built engine, tomei cams, hks turbo, trust manifold, hks wastegate, hks exhaust, apexi PFC, hybrid fmic, braided teflon lines, q45 afm and makes 320 rwkw..........I politely accecpt your off and suggest you go ram yourself".

My suggestion, do as I did. Stock it out and sell the parts on here and then sell the car on its own. You have plenty of quality parts which will easily get a decent price on here and will equate to MUCH more than if you sold it as a total package. I even ripped my engine out and put a stocker in and sold it dead stock for $14,500 and then sold all the running gear off.