SAU Community

My R33 Gtr

slowGTR

Hi,

Im a new member to the forums and a new owner of a R33 Vspec GTR

can you guys reccommend a performace workshop where i can get some mods done to my car.

also would you guys have an indication of how much rwkw i could be producing.. standard ecu. just boosted to 17 psi and exhuast filters ect.

thanks in advance

Adam

Welcome to the forum mate.

I dont think you posted a pic? I cant see it.

There are many workshops i can recommened who have excellent service.

Just depends on where you live and if you are willing to travel a bit etc..

Also mods do you want done?

Anwyays i recommened ricol automotive at peakhurst. Have excellent service skills and know there imports really well.

Have got many things done by them.

Search the forums and you will find more lists of workshop.

Enjoy your new car

na havent put pix up yet. will do soon!

im from sydney CBD.

dont know what i want done to it yet but maybe injectors,cams,turbos,ecu..ect.

cheers for those workshops dude! will def give them a try.

I don't want to be alarmist.....but if you are running 17psi on stock turbos you *will* blow one or both of them sooner or later. And then often little bits of ceramic exhaust wheel make their way into the bores, scoring them like crazy before block oil feeds and causing a bearing to spin. Leaving you with a totally screwed motor and $6k bill.

Turn the boost back down to 12-14psi and get high-flowed standard or aftermarket turbos before you turn it up again

I don't want to be alarmist.....but if you are running 17psi on stock turbos you *will* blow one or both of them sooner or later. And then often little bits of ceramic exhaust wheel make their way into the bores, scoring them like crazy before block oil feeds and causing a bearing to spin. Leaving you with a totally screwed motor and $6k bill.

Turn the boost back down to 12-14psi and get high-flowed standard or aftermarket turbos before you turn it up again

Experience speaks volumes :)

thanks for the great advice fellow members :) . i had the boost wound down to 14psi today.

my car seems like it go's so slow now. :)

the last thing i needed was blown turbo's or engine

i was an owner of a s15,and it used to run 17psi all day long with no problems at all. and it had factory turbo. So i thought the gtr would handle it no problems. . . ;)

Std s15 turbo yeah you will have no probs even getting up to 20psi, but gtr definelty anything over 15psi or even on 15 isnt very good on the turbos and could turn ugly.

thanks for the great advice fellow members :) . i had the boost wound down to 14psi today.

my car seems like it go's so slow now. :)

the last thing i needed was blown turbo's or engine

i was an owner of a s15,and it used to run 17psi all day long with no problems at all. and it had factory turbo. So i thought the gtr would handle it no problems. . . :D

GTR turbo's have ceramic wheels that fall off and can disintegrate when they are spun too hard... ie>14psi.

Welcome to the forum Adam :D

Hope to see you at some SAU events soon

There is loads of workshops in Sydney and can be hard to choose from, I like Autosports Engineering and they do good work and know there Skylines well :) There based in Kirawee link in my signature!!

Enjoy the car ..Are you interested in taking it to the track?

Jess

Conratulations on the GTR! I bet you're loving life :rant:

The power will feel amazing for about, say, 6-8 weeks.

Then you'll want more :)

haha isnt that the truth!!

300kws just doesnt do it anymore :wave:

Hi,

Im a new member to the forums and a new owner of a R33 Vspec GTR

can you guys reccommend a performace workshop where i can get some mods done to my car.

also would you guys have an indication of how much rwkw i could be producing.. standard ecu. just boosted to 17 psi and exhuast filters ect.

thanks in advance

Adam

hey mate i reccomend tm autosports its abit more of a drive but their work is awesome.They seen to be cheaper than the so called awesome performance shops.Lets just say he has a 33 n it pushes like around 600kws at the wheels so yeh i take my gtr to him n all my other stuff n i wouldnt trust anybody else.

My car has pods after market cooler exhaust 13psi boost.With a hard piping kit 17psi n powerfc ud probly be look at 260-270kws at all fours so yeh but they are good man so check out their wen site ring them up ask for adam n tell them that travis reccomended them

Ohh ur one of those guys too... hahaha

HI 5 lols :/

yea u should realli turn boost down mate

Edited by SAM-32R

Welcome to the forum Adam :(

Hope to see you at some SAU events soon

There is loads of workshops in Sydney and can be hard to choose from, I like Autosports Engineering and they do good work and know there Skylines well :( There based in Kirawee link in my signature!!

Enjoy the car ..Are you interested in taking it to the track?

Jess

:D for the warm welcome Jess!

I will definatly keep Autosports in mind.

Might consider taking it to the track after i get everything running smooth.... :(

;) for the warm welcome Jess!

I will definatly keep Autosports in mind.

Might consider taking it to the track after i get everything running smooth.... ;)

Yeah they really good ;)

Even come out to a cruise or something...there is always something on in the events section and will be nice to meet you and see the GTR!!