SAU Community

Newcastle Police Attention

Scottie

Hi everyone i was just woundering if anyone skyline guys got caught up in recent huge police defect blitz along the newcastle forshore. One weekend not long ago including thursday night there was a unbeliveable amount of police in the area sending everyone over to the pits. I personaly think it is plain wrong that they required 6 F6 typhoons all unmarked and different colours, 3 marked highway patrol cars and serval unmarked ba falcons and one bone stock forester defecting people when theres fights and roberys going on. I was lucky enough to not get pulled over once. Where i know one bloke that in a matter of 12 hours got pulled up 14 times. So did any people get stung here or do generaly police leave skylines alone. Since i have only been pulled up once where when i owned my falcons it was fourtnightly thing.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personaly think it is plain wrong that they required 6 F6 typhoons all unmarked and different colours, 3 marked highway patrol cars and serval unmarked ba falcons and one bone stock forester defecting people when theres fights and roberys going on.

They are HWP. Thts what they do. They target traffic and traffic offences. General duties police deal with the fights and robberies.

They look at my wagon and think it's an 850C so no complaints here. :D

I was watching them though, picked out atleast 3 F6's in 'camo' and one HWP loitering around the Foreshore.

Lol volvos well they will defect anyone they can in those blitz's lol. My mate i work with they tryed to defect his 80km old hilux ute with nothing done and thet didn't belive it was stock lol. One would think they would have better things to do other than try and defect a car off the show room floor lol. High way's should be booking people doing stupid shit driving like drink drivers ect not defecting cars that are better looked after than most. How ever the people that do dodgey shit like cut springs ect should be done for it. One day i was on the way back from syndey and a colt had the left hand windows smashed in and woundering all over the road. A high way drove straight past him like WTF this thing was stuffed i got up closer to it and it had rust everywhere like those cars should be taken off the road.

They are HWP. Thts what they do. They target traffic and traffic offences. General duties police deal with the fights and robberies.

HWP do the same basic training that general duties get (I assume the asshole training is some extra module they do afterwards since most general duties cops don't have the attitude problems necessary to join HWP). Which means they're not incapable of sorting out fights and robberies any worse than a general duties copper.

EDIT: Also, doing that would increase the chance of a HWP copper getting punched out, stabbed or shot, while decreasing the chance of it happening to a general duties cop. I'll leave that to the reader as to whether they think that's a good thing or not.

The point being made is: given the amount of fighting and robberies vs defecting people who aren't doing something stupid behind the wheel of the car, why aren't these cops getting repurposed? The Police force's management knows they've got X number of graduates a year, why not shift more of them to doing something society has greater support for given that they're not exactly short on things to do?

I've got no issues with cops cracking down on illegal runs or defecting cars that have a dangerous level of metal in their rustbuckets, but random guys doing laps at low speeds? Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I'm a fan of busting people for what they actually do wrong and targetting people who are an actual menace.

Edited by scathing

I am in total agreement with ya. Mind you i have been defected myself and for good reason the car was 80 mm of the ground ;) it looked phat but completely illegal. I had the springs on order to rasie it but i was done before hand fair enough. They let me off with no fines and gave me 14 days to clear it which was good of the copper, this one bloke that i can say is a genuine nice cop not to many of them around tho. But my opionon is the simple fact is there is to many police targeting so called hoons and rev heads, sure they get done but its the people that are doing the right thing that get punished more so than anyone else. They should be more conectrating on the real criminals, rapest, people that commit assualt ect and leave the good behaving people alone. We shouldn't be punished for doing nothing wrong. When i was taken over the pits i over heard the coppers braging on how many people they have done which is just plain wrong and revoune raising :) . I wish we could do something about it but unfourtanetly nothing we really can do.

The point being made is: given the amount of fighting and robberies vs defecting people who aren't doing something stupid behind the wheel of the car, why aren't these cops getting repurposed? The Police force's management knows they've got X number of graduates a year, why not shift more of them to doing something society has greater support for given that they're not exactly short on things to do?

Thre are nearly 13,000 police and only about 750 are HWP Every officer graduating becomes GD's. While it seems that there is such a large portion of police resources targetting "hoons" it is so miniscule compared to everything else that it hardly raises a blip on the figures. The perception that you are targetted in such a large scale is mainly subjective. You are a small portion of what they do, considering crime is targetted 24/7 and you got hit on a Friday night at the Foreshore.

You keep saying you are doing nothing wrong. If thats the case you dont get fined or defected. The cops don't make these rules. They are made to enforce them.

You keep saying you are doing nothing wrong. If thats the case you dont get fined or defected.

Yeah, right. Because people have never had cops defect them for stuff that's on engineer's certs.

And if I'm doing nothing wrong, the principles of a free society is that I shouldn't even get targetted. There used to be a presumption of innocence, not of guilt.

The cops don't make these rules. They are made to enforce them.

Do they enforce "the" rules, or "some" rules? When was the last time you saw someone get booked for not keeping left unless overtaking? When was the last time you saw some pedestrian get pulled up for jaywalking? You get in trouble for driving in a manner dangerous to pedestrians, but pedestrians can walk in a manner dangerous to themselves without repercussion.

The law is meant to be consistent, and so therefore should its enforcement.

When was the last time you saw some pedestrian get pulled up for jaywalking?

i actually got told off for this once near cronulla beach. lucky they didnt try it on because i was ready to bolt lol. mind you, that same afternoon me and my mates were harassed by a bunch of sick k**tz, and sure enough there were no copz around to see the end result of me being punched in the face.

funny story about defecting, well not funny, it makes my blood boil. one night i was approaching two cops on the side of the road, after making a racket for the previous few streets. i figured they would have heard me, so i turned off right in front of them and made my exit. unfortunately it was a very long cul-de-sac, so i just stopped up the end and sat there, too scared to go back out where the cops were. they arrived about 2min later, charged me with burnout (which never happened and is still in court lol) and attempted to defect me, but were too dumb for that.

anyway, in court, when i explained why i sat in the cul-de-sac. i said i feel targetted by police, and i was worried they would attempt to defect me. which is surely a reasonable fear all skyline owners have.... BUT NO. in the magistrates eyes, that was a ludicrous explanation and sufficient grounds to find me guilty of a burnout!

never mind the police proving my claims in their statements by... SEARCHING MY CAR FOR DEFECTS. which is not normal practice at all. oh and i also had a local rag article about a recent blitz/s (9 in 2 months from memory), quote:

"Police targetted vehicles with loud exhausts, signalling them to stop, and issuing EPA notices and defects."

cops huh.

Exactly the reason i never drove the GTR into the foreshore - let alone anywhere near town.

Same when I visit Newcastle, has to make you wonder though sometimes that we lead our lives avoiding areas which have a heavy police presence simply to avoid a 'better than average' chance of unfair accusations of being a criminal, much the same as we'd avoid going to shitty areas of town to catch a bus to avoid a 'better than average' chance of being a victim of crime. I've got nothing defectable on the vehicle, but that's beside the point because they will do it anyway just out of spite/boredom/just doing my job/because they can bullshit and I just really don't need the extra hassle in my life if I can at all prevent it.

Its just f**king sad. :rant:

Just wondering who in Newcastle has been defected, what for and did you have an eng certificate??

I go into the Foreshore but rarely take my GTSt anymore...I walk the strip sometimes and some of the try hard shit I see is entertaining and good for a laugh...BUT

Unfortunately there is some real f**king doofusses in there that spoil it for everybody...Just have to look at the amount of rubber left on the road in some sections..Thats why the cops are in there!!

I have never been defected or pulled over...I have 12 points and have had them for years...So I really am a bit pissed off that I now have to avoid that area in my car because of the risk of some irate cop classing me as one of the dumb f**ks who hang out there...

The reason I ask the first question is I am just curious how I am going to go if / when I do get pulled over...

Hi everyone i was just woundering if anyone skyline guys got caught up in recent huge police defect blitz along the newcastle forshore. One weekend not long ago including thursday night there was a unbeliveable amount of police in the area sending everyone over to the pits. I personaly think it is plain wrong that they required 6 F6 typhoons all unmarked and different colours, 3 marked highway patrol cars and serval unmarked ba falcons and one bone stock forester defecting people when theres fights and roberys going on. I was lucky enough to not get pulled over once. Where i know one bloke that in a matter of 12 hours got pulled up 14 times. So did any people get stung here or do generaly police leave skylines alone. Since i have only been pulled up once where when i owned my falcons it was fourtnightly thing.

It's easier to hassle some little punks you can intimidate than to go chasing real baddies who might retaliate and be less than friendly and complacent.

Also, by targetting drivers they raise INCOME... which is what all govt dept's are all about as they've adopted a business model for their structures.

Catching real Criminals is expensive and clogs up our courts too. Who wants to clog our courts up with criminals!? That's just plain crazy talk! :rant:

well when i was defected for beening to low which the simple fact i was the hole pod fillter makes my blood boil i spent hours on the phone. Only people that had a intrest in talking to someone that knew what they talking about was the ADR which said any air filter that is fitted that meets the RDA is legal as far as emissions go i was going to provide a 3 gas print out but no that was not good enough for the rta and even when i asked to speak to a inspector they refused they are there to make money not help people. Well it seems like that anyway.

Exactly the reason i never drove the GTR into the foreshore - let alone anywhere near town.

youse are all soft...i was there last Sunday trawling the strip. No attention at all (the lower hunter commander has even attended Autosalon to see our car on the dyno)

hehe

when i saw you i was thinkin damn your game bringing that into here, few people were saying "ohhh man what a monster you can tell cos it doesnt want to drive slow and idle" wtf ?? anyway.

The night of those typhoons in town, i was in there, i was going past carrington and a highway patroll was behind me and overtook me and did not even pull me over or give me a second look. I watched them defect the crap out of people all night and know a few people who got sent to the pits.

I was driving slow and taking it easy, it might have something to do with my car being standard height, i never have any issues.

youse are all soft...i was there last Sunday trawling the strip. No attention at all (the lower hunter commander has even attended Autosalon to see our car on the dyno)

hehe

when i saw you i was thinkin damn your game bringing that into here, few people were saying "ohhh man what a monster you can tell cos it doesnt want to drive slow and idle" wtf ?? anyway.

The night of those typhoons in town, i was in there, i was going past carrington and a highway patroll was behind me and overtook me and did not even pull me over or give me a second look. I watched them defect the crap out of people all night and know a few people who got sent to the pits.

I was driving slow and taking it easy, it might have something to do with my car being standard height, i never have any issues.

our car is higher than std (due to the suspension travel required to launch the car properly) so it may have something to do with it...lol

your additude on the roads has a lot to do if your pulled over and/or defected....ive only ever been pulled over once and owned hot Skylines for over 10 years now. What people dont realise is that cops will often see silly behaviour while off duty, note the number plate and target you later. People often think and say "but i wasnt doing anything wrong" you may not have been that time but you may have brought the unwanted attention upon yourself from an earlier incident.

Newcastle is a small place remember...