SAU Community

strut bars in r33 gtst ?

hey guys ive got stock suspension at the moment and pushing around 190rwkw... so would like to looka t handling a bit now, ive removed my hicas fuse because the hicas was pulling me seriously to the left on high acceleration/high speed which was a worry and since i removed the fuse its been fine... i am planning on getting a lock bar soon for that.. but also just wondering with strut bars.. can i just get the cheapest one i can find or are adjustable/better brands really worth the extra ? for my suspensioin i am currently looking into going conia shocks and springs all around

cheers

strut bars arent really nescesary (spelling) but if u did get one, maybe an aluminium one or sumthing that is not adjustable. expensive ones arent really worth the extra unless its frotrack use mainly. The suspension setup sounds good if ur thinking of koni, otherwise i dont know wat conia is :D

they are usually legal height, depends on bodykit etc. my cars lowest point is 12 cm its been lowered 1.5 inch, i want to lower the front an inch more that should be legal so unless u really want to slam it, performace susp. will not mean lower then legal

Before I put sways on my car, I put strut bars front and rear and hardly noticed any difference in the car. From my understanding strut bars increase the rigidy of the chassis.

On my WRX when I put one in the front I noticed a slightly better turn in on corner entry though body roll didn't change. Thus you can conclude that the Skylines have a better chassis to start off with which is why there is little difference.

The biggest improvement was the sway bars cause the car is much more sharper on entry and the ammount of roll is reduced.

Strut bars go over the engine bay. Sway bars are underneath the car.

Plus you get more rice factor out of strut bars! :)

I think sways are about 250 or so. If it's for a RWD car you probably only need one for the front suspension. If you want to go do track days then front and rear.

i found a slight difference when i fitted the strut bar in my engine bay, not alot mind u but a lil bit, picked one up for $160 gives it a bit more of a performance look too i reckon...

sway bars not too sure how much there costing atm.

cheers