SAU Community

Anyone Know Stock Non Turbo 0-100kmh Times?

..it might be good to look into an R34 NA with 4WD system, coz dat will help a lot with the takeoff hahaha

Yes and no.

Attessa system adds 150 odd kg's to the car. Which is a fair bit in car terms

NA's, especially heavy 4WD 4 door NA's, dont really create enough power to have massive traction problems off the line.

I have launched my car quite hard in RWD and can honestly say that traction is not really a problem - unless your sporting el-cheapo tyres.

With the take off, a little wheel spin is good. It helps you get your revs up to where the power is quicker.

BUT! - here is the catch 22

With the R33's and 34's a constant 5% front torque is being sent to the front wheels. Through the twisties this creates a MASSIVE diffrence. I currently have shit for tyres. Going around corners in RWD, the ass just flys out without a problem. With the car in AWD the level of grip is hugely different. Attessa can also keep you out of sticky situations. If there is enough G forces applied to any of the 3 dimentions of the car the computer will assess this and send a certain amount of front wheel torque. If you keep your foot down the car will simply bog a little and pull straight and true.

So yes.. its a good system.. but can be a disadvantage.

Thats my rant and I hope it helped and made sence :)

man, i have apparently the slowest combo out there - N/A R34 25GT FOUR DOOR AUTO - BUT, i still dont see why people think its slow... get an exhaust on, and get SPLITFIRES :), and it will go hella fast enuff believe me. the autos do come with tiptronic too... :| i do 0-100 between 7-8 seconds.. it might be good to look into an R34 NA with 4WD system, coz dat will help a lot with the takeoff hahaha

yeah man there not bad at all, i went for a test drive in a non turbo r34 auto 4 door(not AWD but) and it had good power, but i went for the 33 manual instead, more fun:) pick it up tommorow cant wait :rolleyes:

yeh lol manual is fun, but u'll be shitting urself when ur stuck in heavy peak hour traffik for hours. plus i must say i like the look of an R34 over an R33 lol

if i ever get a manual, i'd want it to be turbochargeD

such as the 200SX S15 SPEC-R :thumbsup::D:D:D

yeah true, but since im only on my L's at the moment im not going to be doing a lot of peak hour traffic :P , yeah i like the look of a coupe r34 better than a r33 coupe but not a 4 door 34 or a 33 coupe no offense but then again i like the rougher unrefined feel of the 33 over the 34, picked up my today,

i love it :(

i have a series one r33 NA Auto and il do 0-100 in just under 8seconds...

only modification is the 2.25 inch exhaust system

not the fastest but im one happy P Plater :laughing-smiley-014:

and it beats up to vx commodores, so its all good...

hmmm i was just wondering, if i chucked a r33gts manual gearbox in my semi auto 34gts would it go as well? as a stock manual r33gts?

and...what mods are you allowed to have for P plater? because my 34 is slow as hell... and I'm to scared to do things to it, because i don't want to waste money...

hope you don't mind i just post it in this thread...because its kind of under the same topic=p=p

GTS4's have shorter gears..

Dont get me wrong, NA's can be quick.. Even quicker than turbo cars.. Just aslong as there warnt too many straights.. A well sorted NA can breeze past a turbo with the right driveline/suspention/brake mods if the driver knows how to extract everything out of the ye ol' faithful DE. Through reducing unsprung weight an NA can be just as quick point to point as a turbo.

Why do gts4s have shorter gears??, i was unaware of this :), what does this make the car?, slower, quicker, less top speed??

Why do gts4s have shorter gears??, i was unaware of this :down:, what does this make the car?, slower, quicker, less top speed??

It gives you quicker acceleration.. but the 4th ger is so close it dosen't really matter.. 5th is the same..

It can be bad.. because you can start to strip gers with higher power and its harder to go down into gears at higher speed..

hmmm i was just wondering, if i chucked a r33gts manual gearbox in my semi auto 34gts would it go as well? as a stock manual r33gts?

and...what mods are you allowed to have for P plater? because my 34 is slow as hell... and I'm to scared to do things to it, because i don't want to waste money...

hope you don't mind i just post it in this thread...because its kind of under the same topic=p=p

See sticky thread at the top of the NA section..

Edited by GTS4WD

• 2 weeks later...

Im just wondering, my car came with tein suspension but the coilovers are a light blue, is that stock, i thought stock were black?

And i was wondering if anyone has heard of Schnierder rims? any good?

thanks

Edited by alex1991s

Im just wondering, my car came with tein suspension but the coilovers are a light blue, is that stock, i thought stock were black?

Coilovers are the shockie/damper and spring together as one unit..

so no.. its not stock.. its a tien item made to work with the tien damper

Coilovers are the shockie/damper and spring together as one unit..

so no.. its not stock.. its a tien item made to work with the tien damper

Sht i meant tein springs, but ye the the shock abosorbers are a light blue?

thanks