SAU Community

Anyone Know Stock Non Turbo 0-100kmh Times?

Hey,

Is there anyone that knows any 0-100 times for these non turbos, R33 manual, R34 manual & auto, cant find them anywhere.

I am purchasing one of these in the upcoming weeks and interested in the times.

Edited by alex1991s

So basically the r33 manual is faster than a r34 auto, true?

thanks

Yes..

But by the time you reach 100km/h in an NA your going to go grey.. so dont bother counting and you wont feel bad about how slow it is =]

Life isn't a straight line.. its all about the twisties :thumbsup:

thanks for the help, went out today and bought a two tone 33 S1 manual coupe

Post pics up in the "Whos got the best looking NA Skyline" floating around..

Looking forward to seeing it..

Im intreeged by two tone.. IT did very well in the states.. Im curious to see if it kicks off here..

Only pics i have at the moment are my display and there are some still on carpoint.com i think, i collect it in a couple of weeks, just waiting for compliance etc, but will post pics after i pick it up

NA Auto 34's are painfully slow, I ran a faster 1/4 mile in my stock VN Commodore

Funny you should say that as HPI tested a stock R34 25GT and a VX commodore and the 34 came out on top with both straight line speed and the twisties.

maybe there was something wrong with the 34 you drove as I owned a VN and I think my family spec 34 would have more get up and go then my VN.

Was your VN manual or wasnt it stock?

I ran a 16.32 @83mph in my stock auto VN when it was 15years old with 180000kms on the odo (only had 2 runs)

The best i could manage in my NA auto R34 Sedan was a 16.96 @82mph (9 runs, all within .2sec of each other)

Both cars had stock engines, ~3/4 tank of fuel, full stereo and I am a rather large lad

That said, I still know which car I'd rather be driving :P

Guest NVDGTS4

You'd be suprised on performance if you drive it right. I've taken a WRX off the lights as he didnt realise i had 4WD haha , He caught up But yeh they arnt 2 bad . My R33 GTS4 does it around 8 Seconds providing my car weighs 1480kg , which is around 110Kg more then a standard GTS25 providing i run 4WD Running gear. Here is a quick video of me doing 0-100km on some industrial area

Edited by NVDGTS4

i have a r34 25gt and i dont think it is slow i had a ford ba xr8 ute only just sneak past me and he was pushing it very hard i could hear it i had my windows down then i eased off cause i reached 100 and knew cops were up ahead and they chased him it was hilarious, thats what you get when your being a smart arse trying to race everyone you meet and sitting up my arse trying to squeeze through traffic just to get maybe 2 cars in front.

so in conclusion mine isnt slow but its not fast either.

That was third gear at 5grand,

My NA rb25de hits 100 just as i change from 2nd to 3rd.

Strange

GTS4's have shorter gears..

Dont get me wrong, NA's can be quick.. Even quicker than turbo cars.. Just aslong as there warnt too many straights.. A well sorted NA can breeze past a turbo with the right driveline/suspention/brake mods if the driver knows how to extract everything out of the ye ol' faithful DE. Through reducing unsprung weight an NA can be just as quick point to point as a turbo.

Edited by GTS4WD

give the 1/4 a run and find out... a little piece of paper will tell you 'your' skills not the car's potential. which in my opinion is better.

having a car which can do 300km is different to actually doing 300km, and so forth.

man, i have apparently the slowest combo out there - N/A R34 25GT FOUR DOOR AUTO - BUT, i still dont see why people think its slow... get an exhaust on, and get SPLITFIRES :), and it will go hella fast enuff believe me. the autos do come with tiptronic too... :| i do 0-100 between 7-8 seconds.. it might be good to look into an R34 NA with 4WD system, coz dat will help a lot with the takeoff hahaha