SAU Community

Has Any One Used A Jjr Turbo?

gb33

have any of you guys used the jjr turbos off just jap im looking at the 560hp are they hard to fit to a stock mainfold for a rb25?

have any of you guys used the jjr turbos off just jap im looking at the 560hp are they hard to fit to a stock mainfold for a rb25?

they're shit, get a proper kkr

mate had a jjr480, it f**ked its seals after a month, and wasn't very responsive. sold and bought a kkr560, it spooled earlier, felt smoother, he's running twice the boost ('race actuator') and has had no problems.

From what i have seen they all come form the same place, the only differences i have seen is at one stage, some were only oil cooled

Personally, they all seem to have poor flow through the wastegate, which results in poor boost control, however this can be remedied with a die grinder. Also they seem laggy and unresponsive for the power that they produce compared to more expensive turbos. At the end of the day you get what you pay for.

I fitted a KKR 280 to a lancer, and had to pull the turbo off 4 times on the dyno to get it to work properly, and one of those times had to return it to the manufacturer due to an assembly fault.

Edited by Adriano

dunno about JJR turbos, but im using a KKR480 from otomoto and ive done close to 20,000kms on the turbo at 19psi daily and its got no shaft play at all, hope this helps.

dunno about JJR turbos, but im using a KKR480 from otomoto and ive done close to 20,000kms on the turbo at 19psi daily and its got no shaft play at all, hope this helps.

what power do you make?

from things i have read you need a lot of boost to make power.

i also thought that jjr and kkr were the same just different badges.