SAU Community

Thinking Of A Stagea ( Talk Me Into It :))

brenten88

i wonder how long itll be before someones engine shits itself and they decide to go with the 4.5L nissan V8? Thatd be different...

Back on topic - get one

Andrew at CCubed is doing it :P along with the R34 GTR front end and as micah said +T, but im pretty sure its the VH41 not 45, cant remember, very very very cool project

Edited by Brycey

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

holy crap thats gonna be one to watch out for... if i manage to bust my 26 i'd love to look into that option. I do wonder whats involved tho, especially with mating up the gearbox and clearance for the front shafts etc. I guess if i blow it and do the VH41/45 option id go RWD.

See brenten - the possibilities are endless!

:-( yeah.. ahh know... but i'll put off the inevitable as long as possible. Monthly oil change, decent fuel, and try to keep the crazy driving to a minimum. The 8,000RPM redline... do you really need to rev it up in that range micah? how does yours go?

no limiter at 8,000....? you can take it to 9????? WTF... thats huge.

tacho and avc-r read 8800-9000 before limiter hits: I assume the FC allows you to extend the redline...?? Thought it was normal: I still have the RB25 instruments installed.

260 tach reads to 10k. Wont know til its installed - first pfc ive ever had.

recommend tuner?

Probably Matty Spry, on the Gold Coast. Mine was tuned at SAS in Sydney...

We should probably continue this outside of this guy's thread!

i wonder how long itll be before someones engine shits itself and they decide to go with the 4.5L nissan V8? Thatd be different...

Back on topic - get one

I was going to do that vh45-auto rwd, I found a front cut checked it all out could forsee a few problems like sway bar and rack clearance issues and many others, so I went for the 26+5speed instead now that thats running I wish I did the v8. it would have been cheaper and more original and just as much work as the rb26 and 5 speed conversion. maybe my next project will be vh45 powered? oh and when I say it would have been cheaper is cause I do all my own work and infinty front cut for 3k half the price of a gtr front cut...

Oh and back on topic, if you drive a stagea you will be more attractive to the opposite sex :D

Edited by rb30dett

indeed i have. :P

just a suggestion is all, not many people know about them.. and they are in the same market as the stagea. :rofl:

hell, i probably would have bought a stagea if kylie didnt already have one. :D