SAU Community

Race Seats Road Legal?

Hey guys,

New to the forum, just picked up a nice 32 gts-t at a good price, needs a new drivers seat for road woarthy.

Was wonderin if I can't get onto a stock seat, do race seats you find at Autobahns etc. meet Vic road woarthy standards?

And further yet, has anyone copped and shit from boys in blue for having them?

Cheers.

If you have people in the backseat, its illegal

Due to the fact they done "break" to let people out from the rear and then that means they cannot exit the vehicle as intended

Not sure about engineers to get it totally legal, best to speak to one

buy the bride ergo seat.. i got one in my sky and they are legal becuase they are recliners.. meaning they work just like the stock seats, you can lift a leaver and the seat will come forward.

As far as i know all fixed racing seats (non reclinable/adjustable) are always illegal.

buy the bride ergo seat.. i got one in my sky and they are legal becuase they are recliners.. meaning they work just like the stock seats, you can lift a leaver and the seat will come forward.

As far as i know all fixed racing seats (non reclinable/adjustable) are always illegal.

Wrong ,

I Got my Fixed racing Seat ENGINEERED In my old R32 GTR , It Can be done , Speak to your Engineer..

Does it mount lower than stock???

Cause with a helmet my fat head doesn't fit lol!

Edited by Marco-R34GTT

Wrong ,

I Got my Fixed racing Seat ENGINEERED In my old R32 GTR , It Can be done , Speak to your Engineer..

What state are you in? All of my investigations have revealed that you need to register the car as a two seater if you have even a single fixed seat in the front. Thats the main reason i have gone for the half cage i have and the two race seats, it will be all legal as a 2 seater.

What state are you in? All of my investigations have revealed that you need to register the car as a two seater if you have even a single fixed seat in the front. Thats the main reason i have gone for the half cage i have and the two race seats, it will be all legal as a 2 seater.

My car yes was a 2 Seater , Forgot to mention that , I am in Sydney ....