SAU Community

truck, or mystery box... which would you choose?

Guest Boxhead

Guest Boxhead

ok, well i just need to tell someone or whatever how close i came to having my second car totally written off today(before you jump in saying michael sell your car, dont have a fast car... read it all)

i actually think that this car helped me today.....

ok basically, i was travelling south on the pacific highway... just before south tweed heads exit...

anyway travveling at 100kmph... fair ebit of traffic, but not enough to warrent slow driving...

anyway, i see a van, and the cars behind it brake medium hard to hard in left lane(i am in the right) then suddenly this box sorta floats and slides from infront of the van into my lane, the box is like bigger then the one my 68cm tv came in... it wasnt small by no means, then basically i think shit, brake... so i put brakes on, as i do so quickly look in rear view mirror and see a semi trailer.. all i think is shit i cant brake too hard.. anyway i got to like 30-50 ish i guess(i wasnt looking at speedo) and consiously think shit i have to hit the box, i didnt want to swerve down into bank, and i couldnt go left... so i just took it and hit the box, it bounced off, lucky for me it was full of those rice foam crap... looking back i guess it was a hint that nothing heavy was in it coz it slid across road easy, but t didnt click.. i just chose the box over the truck hitting me, after hitting the box and about 10-20mins after that i looked in mirror again, all i could see was top half of truck, as there was so much smoke around its tyres, it had locked up his brakes hard.

when i arrived home(like 5mins away) looked at car, i can see in the dirt thats on my car were the box hit and rubs teh dirt, lucky its so dirty, no paint damage i guess...

but yeh, it happened quick, and i dont know if what i did was 100% correct or not, i dont really care, im just happy i or my car wasnt harmed... im feeling very woosy now, likei sorta wanna be sick.. but ohwell..

MORAL OF THE STORY - i dont really know, i guess when you brake hard you should look in rear view mirror???

well im not sure, i just had to share it with someone as im a little freaked out and it just goes to show, shit can just happen, to anyone, at anytime on the road.

Michael

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by BelGarion

yer, theres a thing on a gtr that copped a truck up the bum in one of the hpi issues

apparently the guy had only had the 33 gtr a few days and stopped suddenly, truck bashed it up the ass and sandwiched it between the truck and another car

We don't care! SOMEONE THINK OF THE BOX! AHHHHHHHHHHH

Guest Boxhead

there was nothing i could tell in teh bloody box, cept teh rice foam shit that went eveyrwere when i hit it hehe

Guest Boxhead

no erin, i couldnt, i thought i stated it in original post.... ahhh yes i did ;) nah there was nothing cept stop or go.. i chose go,

mum told me i shoudl have let truck hit me, coz its then his fault and he pays for repairs... im like, thats no good if i have to wait for new car, and im in hospital...

hmm lets see hitting a box or having ur car and urself knocked into next week.......im guessing the truck was traveling the same speed so if it hit you would be lucky to not get harmed and only the car had dirt on it

Originally posted by bryanlee38

is it true that:

if someone rams u up the bum when u jam brake, they have to pay for ur damages??

someone enlighten me with the true facts. thanks

It is true.

The vehicle behind should be travelling at a safe enough distance from the vehicle in front to stop without hitting the vehicle in front.

If you hit the vehicle in front of you then you are deemed to be too close, therefore it is the trailing vehicles fault.