SAU Community

Holden - Go Better....

After years of generally excellent marketing from Holden and generally shit marketing from Ford, it's nice to see the Red corner f**k something up for a change.

Unfortunately on the other hand the boredom mongers over at Toyota will continue to crank out their 'We've got the jump' drivel and sell cars to the generally lobotomised general public.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least Holden, Ford and Toyota have a crack,

Nissan's advertising department should be lined up against a firing squad, if they even employ one.

Edited by Yo-Yo

heh

cry me a river.

It's advertising, it doesn't need to be true, it just needs to snag a few morons.

They're at least 10 years behind the Europeans with diesel tech and about the same behind the Japanese on build quality and finish (at least on the JDM gear). Shit, my BA falcon ute still doesn't have proper climate control, my 92 gtst did....until i ripped it out.

We are considered a bunch of backwards consumers by everyone. do you seriously think they would accept a car in japan with 2 big arse knobs for fan speed and temp in place of a proper climate control in 2008? f**k no, yet aussies lap it up as it's all they know.

all car ads where they tell you nothing about the actual car are dismal - i can't imagine why people spend all that money and they know nothing about the actual car.

that's partly why the 200 killer wasps ad is so good. i'd never buy the car tho...

Yeah cos the Tiida ads really make me want to drive one of those pieces of shit.

Same goes for the awesome new Micra, what a great car.

Most of you need to get over your shitty 15 year old skylines.

ford and holden will always play catch up, why else did they change import laws because you could import a better car from overseas for less than buying a Aus delivered.

It's still better by a long way than any Commodore that came before it

After $1 Billion in development it would want to. I think the commodore is a decent car but in comparison to a V36 skyline it is measurably behind Japan. And lets not even look at Germany....

Cars like the captiva, viva & epica do not 'go better' then anythin on the road..... everythin else on the road goes better than them!

And for those saying its advertising etc... I was able to figure that out! I just think for anyone who knows anything about cars they would laugh at the idea that Holden are trying to market themselves as having the cars that go better than all others - They dont and never will

Edited by r32line

heh

cry me a river.

It's advertising, it doesn't need to be true, it just needs to snag a few morons.

They're at least 10 years behind the Europeans with diesel tech and about the same behind the Japanese on build quality and finish (at least on the JDM gear). Shit, my BA falcon ute still doesn't have proper climate control, my 92 gtst did....until i ripped it out.

We are considered a bunch of backwards consumers by everyone. do you seriously think they would accept a car in japan with 2 big arse knobs for fan speed and temp in place of a proper climate control in 2008? f**k no, yet aussies lap it up as it's all they know.

well funny you should mention that.... there's actually a holden dealership in japan selling vz sedans and utes. according to the owner, the japanese public love them. especially the utes?? and he's only sold one 6 cylinder, the rest have been the 5.7l and 6.0l variants. so in response to your question, yes i think they would love it. :D

by the way, just incase anyone was wondering i drive both a gtr and a commodore so i'm in no way biased towards one or the other.

Another good bit of advertising is a local Ford Dealer is advertising "free tyres for the life of your used car" which sounds brilliant but try and get out of the yard without being forced to buy a brand new car (they will show you that for an extra $10/wk on finance you could buy a new '08 Festiva).

They claimed it was a percentage better in terms of fuel economy. You read the super-fine print and it compares a diesel captiva against a petrol territory. Yeah, real fair!

But if you remember, that ad was made for the diesel Captiva, so they have every right to compare it to that. But, if Ford had gotten off their ass and made a Diesel Territory then it would have been wrong to compare diesel vs petrol.

My folks have had both Territory and Captiva. The Captiva wins hands down, its versatility, superior fuel economy make it a more appropriate car. Its not smaller then the Territory either. Dad currently has a Prado Grande for his work vehicle. This has been recently upgraded from an SSV Commodore. I loved it, and so did he. I think Holden are doing a great job to be quite honest. Before the new GTR, what on earth was Nissan doing?

The question.. would you rather go Falcon or Commodore?

Falcons offer more refinement, superior handling, more performance and better fuel economy.

FG Falcon on the Blue corner.. VE Bommodore on the Red corner.

IMG_5463mod_m_m.jpg

These are just the base models.. but lets see which has the overall superiority over the other. Btw, FG is Australias first 5 star safety rated car.

Ford Falcon XT

Price: $36,490 plus on-road costs

Engine: 4.0-litre inline six-cylinder

Power: 195kW at 6000rpm (202kw with 98 ron)

Torque: 391Nm at 3250rpm

Fuel consumption: 10.3 litres/100km (10.0 with 95 ron)

CO2 emissions: XXX g/km

Transmission: Five-speed automatic (six-speed ZF automatic is optional)

0-100km/h*: 7.4 seconds

0-400m*: 15.2 seconds at 147km/h

Safety: Dual front airbags, head-protecting seat-mounted side airbags in the front seats, stability control. Curtain airbags are a $300 option.

Commodore Omega

Price: $36,790 plus on-road costs

Engine: 3.6-litre V6 <-- LOL .4 less capacity yet still inferior in economy

Power: 180kW at 6000rpm

Torque: 330Nm at 2600rpm

Fuel consumption: 11.2 litres/100km

CO2 emissions: 256g/km

Transmission: Four-speed automatic <-- ROFL!

0-100km/h*: 9.5 seconds <-- LMAO!

0-400m*: 16.8 seconds at 138km/h <-- LOLWUT

Safety: Front, side and curtain airbags and stability control are standard. Rear parking sensors optional.

Edited by Barbarian

Yeah cos the Tiida ads really make me want to drive one of those pieces of shit.

Same goes for the awesome new Micra, what a great car.

Most of you need to get over your shitty 15 year old skylines.

and get a shitty 15y.o Bluebird?

or do you have a bush-basher spec 80's 'Bird? :whistling:

:D:D

well funny you should mention that.... there's actually a holden dealership in japan selling vz sedans and utes. according to the owner, the japanese public love them. especially the utes?? and he's only sold one 6 cylinder, the rest have been the 5.7l and 6.0l variants. so in response to your question, yes i think they would love it. :dry:

by the way, just incase anyone was wondering i drive both a gtr and a commodore so i'm in no way biased towards one or the other.

I personally like the SS utes (VY). They go hard and angry like an RB without the lag. The styling also kicks arse. I can see why the Japs like them. Yes Japan makes superior cars, but good on you for not being part of the ghey "Skylinez rule!" fan club.

And yes, Barbarian, the Falcon looks much better on paper (I-6 ftw) than the more popular Commodore. Either it lacks something the Commy has, or Aussie buyers are f**kwits :D

Edited by R338OY

and get a shitty 15y.o Bluebird?

or do you have a bush-basher spec 80's 'Bird? :P

I don't have delusions of grandeur when i'm in my bluebird (which some of you seem to have when talking about your skylines). It is used to go to work, carry golf clubs and do other related activities. And it cost me under 2 grand. It does everything a car needs to for me. If i want to go fast (and faster than most skylines in the world) i've got my motorbike.

Guest trikdoutvl

lol u guys are as bad as the bogans out there that think holdens n fords v8s are the best things in the world seriously just cause u drive a skyline dont make it the best car in the world... all of u ppl bagging the Hs n Fs how many of u have actually driven a FG falcon (none im guessin) n a VE commie so how the hell can u speak on something u know nothing about????????

for the record i like all cars in general as long as there fast n look madd

what about "the burgers are better at hungry jacks?"- that campaign worked very well in competing with mcdonalds

volvo had a similar marketing strategy, they are not the safest cars built, infact initially they had a reputation for high death rates in the event of an accident- its a marketing campaign that worked.

...personally i think the holden add isnt bad at all

Edited by marlon