SAU Community

Series 1 And Series 2 Rb30 Blocks

NYTSKY

Hi all,

Im picking up a series 1 RB30 block,does the series 1 have oil squirters or is it the series 2 that has them? (piston)

Is the series 1 block a good block to use in a 25/30 combo?

Hi all,

Im picking up a series 1 RB30 block,does the series 1 have oil squirters or is it the series 2 that has them? (piston)

No RB30's that I have ever seen have block mounted oil squirters, that's Commodore RB30E, Commodore RB30ET, Nissan Skyline RB30, Series 1 or Series 2. They all have the basic 1980's style conrod oil holes.

Is the series 1 block a good block to use in a 25/30 combo?

Any good block is a good block to use.

Cheers

Gary

use series 2 NA block or any turbo block. series 1 NA block doesnt have tapped holes for oil and water lines etc. both turbo blocks have them obviously but so too did the sereies 2 NA block

there is another block that can be used, but it does require a fair ammount of work to the block to be able to adopt a twin cam head,its do-able and it weighs about 30ks heavier than a standard rb30 block, the cylinder walls are a shitload thicker than a conventional rb30 block and will last well over the 1000 wheel hp mark.....

this particular block comes with piston oil squiters.

2jz is in trouble now....

also series 1 would be better to use as the cylinder walls are also abit thicker than the series 2 blocks, but there is no water and oil inlets/returns, you must machine them out...

there is another block that can be used, but it does require a fair ammount of work to the block to be able to adopt a twin cam head,its do-able and it weighs about 30ks heavier than a standard rb30 block, the cylinder walls are a shitload thicker than a conventional rb30 block and will last well over the 1000 wheel hp mark.....

this particular block comes with piston oil squiters.

2jz is in trouble now....

And this mystery block is......?

And this mystery block is......?

My guess is RD28T, 2.8 litre (2825cc) turbo-charged diesel 6-cyl, bore: 85mm, stroke: 83mm.

I looked at it about 6 years ago, there is a lot of work required to fit the RB30 crank (86 mm stroke) and conrods. Plus the cylinder head studs don't line up with an RB25/26 head. The water jacket needs modifying and the oil feed will need some external help.

Cheers

Gary

thats teh 1, deisel, runs somthing like 22:1 compression. found in the nissan partol 92 models.... there is about 4 to 5 grand in block modification, there is a rear water jacket that needs to be welded up, and also 3 oil returns dont line up, need to modify the head aswell to compensate

Its too hard to fit oil jets to a RB30, I know of one shop that used five blocks before he found one that could take all size jets. The sand cast blocks of the RB30 was just to inconsistant with its core shift during casting for consistant fitting of the jets

alrite bud, you know everything

dont take it to heart mate, just saying, there are plenty of high powered RB30's out there, and its alot of work to get the RD28 block going with the 3 litre innards. i havent really heard of RB30 blocks letting go, bar those extreme cases of problems (tuning, oil contro, whatever), or extreme horsepower, but even with the latter there isnt an abudance of supporting evidence, not that i've seen anyway

hardly worth it. resin fill the rb30 bock, an run meth it'll still probly work out cheaper lol

Not allowed to run meth in our events, pump petrol only.

Cheers

Gary

• 2 weeks later...

A friend of mine has a 25/30 setup.

Spec's are as follows,

STD Series 2 Block

STD rods and pistons (Motor has not been apart since god know's when)

RB25 head

STD Head ports

STD intake manifold

set of small cams

STD rb25 EX manifold

GT3540 0.86 rear

Haltech e11v2

044 pump

STD R33 box

H/D clutch

made 480HP on 20PSI pump fuel

Daily drive for the last 2 years @ 20psi

Is it worthwile trying to modify the block to fit the oil squiters from a RB25 block?

How much heat do the oil squiters actually draw away from the pistons?

What do all of you guys do with fitting oil squirters? Don't worry?