SAU Community

Blown R33 Stock Turbo

Im going to be one of those guys..

I somehow blew my stock r33 turbo yesterday and was wondering what the best option was going to be for me?

I have an r33 gtst with a HKS boost controller running 10.5psi, BOV, turbo timer, HKS Pod filter and 3.5 inch cat back exhaust.

Should i be looking for a 2nd hand stock turbo or something thats going to pump out some more horses. I was going to upgrade later ne way but what else would i need to upgrade if i were too upgrade to another turbo?

suggestions?

My vote is going with something that is not ceramic shaft/turbine wheel. Basically I would stay away from another stock turbo. I would go for GT30r or even just a 28 if you are trying to keep it relatively cheap. Not too much modification would be required for either of those if ya stayed with an internal gate.

GCG hiflow

HKS GT-RS

HKS 2835ProS

HKS 3037ProS

all of these come as bolt on or in kit form (straight bolt on).

or some hybrid garrett/nissan turbine housing ie 3071 in nissan turbine housing (bolt on afaik)

vanilla garrett T3 based GT2871 3071 or 3076 but more modifications to fit (dump oil and water lines)

what else do you need? spend saturday doing some searches on the above and the answers are all there.

Well if your looking for costs you'll be up for a bit if you want a power upgrade.

you have to consider:

Dump pipe/Front pipe and highflow cat - $400ish $500ish depending where you go for it.

Front mount intercoler kit - $400-$1000 depending on brand

Z32 Air Flow Meter - $250

Engine Management - $1000-$2000 depending on the ECU you buy

Nismo/Tomei Fuel Pump - $350-$400 roughly

Clutch - $500 roughly

Injectors - $600-$700 for brand newys roughly

Decent BB Turbo - $1200-$2500 depending on turbo whether you buy just the turbo or a kit.

Tune - $600 odd

Edited by KeyMaker

Well if your looking for costs you'll be up for a bit if you want a power upgrade.

you have to consider:

Dump pipe/Front pipe and highflow cat - $400ish $500ish depending where you go for it.

Front mount intercoler kit - $400-$1000 depending on brand

Z32 Air Flow Meter - $250

Engine Management - $1000-$2000 depending on the ECU you buy

Nismo/Tomei Fuel Pump - $350-$400 roughly

Clutch - $500 roughly

Injectors - $600-$700 for brand newys roughly

Decent BB Turbo - $1200-$2500 depending on turbo whether you buy just the turbo or a kit.

Tune - $600 odd

How much power would we be looking at? I assume this is for RB25?

GCG hiflow

HKS GT-RS

HKS 2835ProS

HKS 3037ProS

all of these come as bolt on or in kit form (straight bolt on).

or some hybrid garrett/nissan turbine housing ie 3071 in nissan turbine housing (bolt on afaik)

vanilla garrett T3 based GT2871 3071 or 3076 but more modifications to fit (dump oil and water lines)

what else do you need? spend saturday doing some searches on the above and the answers are all there.

Can vouch for the GCG highflow

the main questions are, how much power do you want and how much do you want to pay, going a full aftermarket turbo will be expensive once you have done everything else, if you were pretty much happy with the power your making with the standard turbo then just got a high flow, it will be a straight bolt on.

im running a high flow with a vg30 rear and whilst its not the best set up im running .9bar with standard injectors, ecu and afm.

safc fitted tuned $600

highflow the r33 turbo, 360degree journal (bush) bearing with max oversize inlet/outlet, steel wheels, $1300

dont need injectors etc, but yeah youd want 2k minimum for some sort of turbo highflow (GCG are $1950 alone, and you'll want/need some sort of ecu tuning like a safc piggyback)

with a highflow, adj.fpr, z32afm, fmic, 040 bosch pump, 3" exhaust, 2x piggybacks (safc/sitc) I get 190rwkw from a basic tune at 12psi.