SAU Community

R34 Gtr Stock Turbos For An R32 Gtr

Hi All,

We all know the R32 ceramics aren't the best for boost increases, so most R32 owners people upgrade their turbos.

Are the R34 GTR ball bearing a worthwhile replacement? Also I assume they are steel fins. And most importantly what is the max PSI they are able to produce?

I see alot of R34 GTR owners who upgrade their turbos for aftermarket ones so quite often R34 GTR stockers come up for sale quite cheap.

I'm just wondering if it is a worthwhile upgrade. I am not looking for mega horse power.....If I wanted that I would have to pay a visit to my bank manger.............:(

Cheers,

Adam

for a simple upgrade i would put the n1 turbos on it, im not sure the difference between that and the r34 turbos.

im running n1's on mine, and i love them to death! very resposive, plenty of boost, cant go wrong in my opinion.

It depends:

On how much you pay for them

On how much it costs you to install them

On what other bits you fit at the same time.

Given how cheap the Garrett upgrades are you are probably better off just buying some of them.

Oh and the 34 turbos are ceramic....

if you can get them cheap and fit them yourself sure why not

the front and rears housings are larger so if you can find them cheap, do it

At the end of the day they are still ceramic

They are still a risk, and still have the same limitations as R32 turbos

The ONLY advantage they have is that they are ball bearing and newer... the fact that they can still shit themselves relatively easily would suggest to me (to suggest to you) to save up and get a pair of Garrett -7's. Basically steel wheel stockers with a tad more... And for $1200-$1300ea, they are worth saving a few more pennies for