SAU Community

How To Install Greddy Profec B Spec 2

kidafa

Hi All,

Just wondering if someone could post up some pictures of the installation of a greddy profec b spec 2 onto a rb 25. Their is a DIY thread in How to's but the pictures do not work :(

Also where would be the best spot to get the feed line into the cabin of a stagea?

Cheers,

chris

ok this is what is going on at the moment with my stock boost lines in the stagea:

Intercooler piping nipple and stock solinoid in bottom right:

post-40162-1209974449_thumb.jpgattach_add.png

Another angle:

post-40162-1209975045_thumb.jpg

Do i get the pressure feed for the actual unit itself from here ( I will install t piece in the vaccuum line that has the white line on it (fuel regulator correct??), the route one of the houses from the t-piece into the cabin to unit:

post-40162-1209974840_thumb.jpg

cheers,

chris

Hi all,

Currently in the procces of installing a Greddy Profec B spec 2 boost controller into the stagea :D

Just after some help with what vacum lines go where with the new solinoid and if Im going to have to plug up any of the old ones?

here is what the current stock set up is:

post-40162-1209975729_thumb.jpg

post-40162-1209975863_thumb.jpg

Do i get the pressure feed for the actual unit itself from here ( I will install t piece in the vaccuum line that has the white line on it (fuel regulator correct??), the route one of the houses from the t-piece into the cabin to unit:

post-40162-1209975976_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

chris

Edited by kidafa

Gday mate. If you like I can take some pictures of my setup tomorrow and post them up. I found the installation manual to be pretty good. In fact the hardest part for me was finding a way to route the hoses and wiring into the cabin!

Just make sure you rubber mount the solenoid to the bodywork. Very important.

Cheers!

and the other vac lines for the controll valve come from.....?

Just found this:

ebc1.jpg

Looks good but if from my above pictures it looks like I will have one vac line that will then go no where??

cheers,

chris

Just found this:

ebc1.jpg

Looks good but if from my above pictures it looks like I will have one vac line that will then go no where??

cheers,

chris

yeah i added a line from the intercooler pipe like the first pick. Outlet goes straight to the wastegate actuator

which outlet?? Sorry Im not very well knowledgedwhen it comes to this sort of stuff... So far all ive done myself is timing belt and fmic install.. all gone well so far but ive done large amounts of researching for each...

sorry not sure off the top of my head. In the controllers manual there is a clear diagram. You use the COM and either NC or NO ports with this setup. Someone will have the exact setup you need just be careful if you hook it up wrong you can end up with unregulated boost = bad

both of the pics above have the same outlet hooked to the wastegate so just copy that.

Yeah im going to hook up the intercooler to the "ON" port and the wastegate to the "COM" port..... It just looks like im going to have one vacum line left over after removing the stock solinoid as their are more than 2 pipes with the stock solenoid

in future don't start multiple topics on the same thing please. thank you.

sorry mate, but i was getting minimal love from the guys in the forced induction area... :(

hope u run 25 psi and blow it up :whistling: pretty sure we'll nail it on the wkend like all the other shit haha. when did u get it? n where was the call! cyaaa mate. ne 1 said ne thing bout the dipshit in the 34?

sorry mate, but i was getting minimal love from the guys in the forced induction area... :banana:

Meh, get your answers where you can is how I feel about it. :laugh:

Good work btw, hope you get it all sorted and running smoothly.

I've got a fmic and hi-flo turbo coming this week. :banana: Watch my space! :)

Update:

Got the majority of the install done tonight.... EG. ran the vac line into the cabbin for the unit and the solinoi control wire also into the cabin, Hooked up the pressure feed of the fuel regulator and installed the Unit under my headunit in the pocket thats their (went single din headunit from double din stock)....

I decided to hook up it all apart from the solonoid tonight to use it as a boost gauge for a day or two just to see whats going on currenty.... Went for a quick spin then and I think I got the peak boost at 4.5psi.... Couldnt really put the boot in reall hard thou as it was raining really hard (as you would know if you lived in adelaide)....

As for new settings when I connect up the solonoid in the next few days what do you guys recomend I set my Low(grannyspec) and Hi boost pressures to? I was thinking either 4 or 5 psi for low and 10 for hi. Only mods are frount mount intercooler and this boost controller at the moment... will get a SAFC in the no to distant future.....

Also just wondering with the stock solinoid (un grounded) does what gear the cars in also have something to do with how many psi it boosts?

Cheers all,

chris

stock boost is around 7psi, so you can use that as low boost, and 10-12 as high boost, seeing as you have a FMIC.

it will run richer when you increase the boost however, which can reduce fuel economy.

adding things like exhaust, fmic, pod, etc will increase boost slightly, however it's best done with a boost controller. :(

I was thinking of having low set lower than 7.....

Does the gear effect the bost with stock soloinoid? ( I know that the rev range does)

Yeah im aware that winding up boost is going make it run richer this reducing economy.... Ill just get a good tune with stock computer if possible (Or will i need a SAFC?)