SAU Community

Aragosta

yokotas13

my personal experience with them has not been that great. personally I think they are very overpriced for what they are. some people seem to love them though. for 30 man you could have either got something better imo or saved some money and gotten something just as good from another maker.

not many people make stagea specific parts

Im actually looking to track this car

i have some front and rear diffusers on the way

i have allt he supplies for full body undertrays and mounts, and many other aerodynamic goodies.

tried and trusted?

not really

its too soft for my liking

unless i go way high up into the 4k range, it wont be how i want it, for a stagea application :w00t:

Sorry I kept you waiting for 2 days for a response, especially one that you knew was coming;

not many people make stagea specific parts

What so special about Stagea specific track springs and shocks?

Let's break it down to the individual components ;

Eibach make proper race quality coil springs in ID's from 50 mm to 75 mm, in rate increments of 25lbs/inch from 100 lbs/inch to over 3,000 lbs/inch. So you simply select the appropriate rate from that range, nothing Stagea specific there.

The top and bottom spring seats and the other coil over hardware are generic parts and a number of manufacturers (Bilstein, Koni, Eibach etc) have a range to suite the chosen spring diameters. Nothing Stagea specific there either.

The front shock body is dimensionally the same as R32/33/34 GTR, you simply select the valving to suite the spring rates you have chosen. Making sure it has a range of adjustment that covers all possible rate changes. Keeping in mind that the front swaybar is a spring as well and so it's rate has to be included in the damping requirement. Nothing Stagea specific in any of that.

The rear shock body is dimensionally the same as R33 GTST or R33GTR/R34GTT/R34GTR depending on which upright (hub) you are running. Once again you simply select the valving and adjustment to suite the range of spring rates you have chosen. As with the front, the rear swaybar rate has to be included in the damping requirement. Nothing Stagea specific in any of that either.

Keeping all of the above in mind, I can't see any need to suffer with an unsophisticated overpriced spring/shock combo as none of it is Stagea specific.

Cheers

Gary