SAU Community

Drive In - Speedracer 20/06/08

Inline 6

yay or nah  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey just thought id steal Flicks idea (i think it was urs anyway) and see if anyones keen to go for the drive in for this. ps sorry if that bugs ya flicky

Speed Racer

Release date: 12/6/2008 1 week after so there's a lil less people there

Rating: PG bring the kids :laugh:

Consumer Advice: Action violence and coarse language cant imagine much of this at pg rating they must have said damn you

Running time: 135 mins

Director: Larry Wachowski, Andy Wachowski

Cast: Emile Hirsch, John Goodman, Susan Sarandon, Christina Ricci, Matthew Fox, Kick Gurry, Scott Porter, Richard Roundtree, Nayo Wallace

Based on the classic series created by anime pioneer Tatsuo Yoshida, the big-screen Speed Racer will follow the adventures of the young race car driver Speed in his quest for glory in his thundering Mach 5

for a review

http://au.movies.ign.com/articles/870/870914p1.html

here's some youtube ads of it, note the crazy drift angles of the mob 5 possible d1 champ coming at ya

was thinking friday the 20th of june with after cruise after posibly.

let me know if your keen or abuse me if its a bad idea. its a kids movie naturally but i reckon it should be interesting to see anyways. the special effects look crazy :( and that sounds like a turbo noise the kid makes in the add

Edited by gzilla

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

it was myyyy idea!! lol but gepps cross drive ins is abit bumpy low cars will definately scrape... i went to sus it out in my commy and it still scraped my front bar -,-" no good...

mob 5??? isnt it mach 5??

and holy shit.. conveniently i get my liscenec back 8 days before this it will be my first sau event withought hire a driver :( im amped! man will this bring me back to my childhood and agros cartoon connection! awesome

sailormoon and ninja pizza cats woot woot

ninja pizza cats?? :P samurai pizza cats :P same thing i guess

neone remember techno man?? like jap cartoon mechognised bodysuits lotsa fighting and shit blowing up??

BAH IT WAS MY IDEAL LONG BEFORE ANY OF U PUPPIES

I DID THIS THIS WITH 2 FAST 2 FURIOUS :P

ps that speed racer looks shieeet!!

Erin I'm pretty sure people have been meeting up and cruising to drive-in's long before Fast and Furious came out :P

I'm watching the trailer now, doesn't really seem that interesting. I can also see quite a few of us nit-picking the movie about faults and things that aren't realistic with the cars :(

I'm watching the trailer now, doesn't really seem that interesting. I can also see quite a few of us nit-picking the movie about faults and things that aren't realistic with the cars :P

Im keen to go... I used to love the cartoon when I was a kid, looks like a good movie :P Its not supposed to be realistic either folks ;P (cars cant fly can they? hrmm)

-D

it was myyyy idea!! lol but gepps cross drive ins is abit bumpy low cars will definately scrape... i went to sus it out in my commy and it still scraped my front bar -,-" no good...

i get my car in there all the time no worries, i swing very wide and come in n out at 45 degrees, my cars like 2mm higher than my wallet (good for keeping money in there and dumped into repairs) at the front bar on flat ground. well say the front is 12mm-14mm off the ground. rest of the car is reasonably high though. also i make sure im last to leave, saves wasting petrol inline and makes sure i got plenty of room when leaving. also ill bring planks or bricks or something if it scares ya

i think my bro gets his in aswell which is lower ill chat to him and make sure he can and do some measurements for ya

mob 5??? isnt it mach 5??

and holy shit.. conveniently i get my liscenec back 8 days before this it will be my first sau event withought hire a driver :( im amped! man will this bring me back to my childhood and agros cartoon connection! awesome

i see we got 1 expert in the crowd :( agro :P cheese tv was where it was at.

Erin I'm pretty sure people have been meeting up and cruising to drive-in's long before Fast and Furious came out :P

I'm watching the trailer now, doesn't really seem that interesting. I can also see quite a few of us nit-picking the movie about faults and things that aren't realistic with the cars :)

it was a cartoon man was it ment to be realistic? i mean they were jumping over cars n such. matrix people made it so there could be 360 cam spins on the drifting ;) also think of it this way the kids there that are getting into cars will see yours there thus boosting your car value in say 10years time :D i know i decided on getting a skyline at around the 12years old mark. also a certain car jump in gone n 60seconds rings a bell. although everything else in that movie was reasonable, except the chopper chase outrunning. airport is more traditional way of losing a choper

and a big cheers to the people that mentioned techno man ive been looking for that cartoon a fair bit on the net but i forgot what it was called. that used to be my fav back in the day.

if you guys wanna organise another night for a diff movie feel free. good luck getting everyone to agree on a movie though :P batman isnt that far away could possibly be playing same night so could have a crack at that 1. i just thought a movie bout cars would be cool worse comes to worse just sit around and talk cars instead of watching it

Edited by gzilla

I'll be on dayshift that week so i could just "chop chop chop chop chop chop" down there, and with a sixer of teds maybe........

Was a great cartoon back in the day, prob one of the best! Somethings telling me the Aristo will be the most comfy seat in the drivein!! Not too mention my electronic heater that doesn't need a car to be running for it to get warm, I can see a line up to come sit in the Aristo..... :)

Edited by Deluxe

I'll be on dayshift that week so i could just "chop chop chop chop chop chop" down there, and with a sixer of teds maybe........

Was a great cartoon back in the day, prob one of the best! Somethings telling me the Aristo will be the most comfy seat in the drivein!! Not too mention my electronic heater that doesn't need a car to be running for it to get warm, I can see a line up to come sit in the Aristo..... :)

:) Hmmm......I've got Paleys :)

ninja pizza cats?? :) samurai pizza cats :) same thing i guess

neone remember techno man?? like jap cartoon mechognised bodysuits lotsa fighting and shit blowing up??

hey man if you know where to donwload techno man from or where to get it let me know ive been on the hunt for techno man for years cant seem to find the episodes! best anime ever!

youtube seems your only hope at the moment i seen a few on there to bring back the memories :)

sorry getting off topic as i have a tendancy to do

Edited by gzilla

i went to the movies last weekend and saw the trailer for it, and to be honest it looked pretty boring to me!

if you chose another movie i would be interested in coming hehe

zomg that looks totally crap - the Wachowski brothers should hang their heads in shame.

yeah I don't reckon it's targeted at the same audience as Matrix