SAU Community

New Plug-in Ecu Coming

I must admit that I've not thoroughly read all of these pages. I missed a few.

How good is the boost control with the vipec and a single pressure control valve compare to a dual solenoid boost controller like Blitz?

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currentley working (myself and a good customer) on a map editing program for ECU's like the Link/ Vipec to help iron out any small steps / discrepancies in a quick easy manner. The differrence it makes to driveability is phenomenal and the time it saves over using the built in map editing features can save HOURS..... we are hoping to finish it off soon so it will be a 2second "hot key" operation. Testing is sorted on Haltech, PFC, BRE, CHROME, HONDATA, LINK / Vipec is on the go atm.

ive included a before and after 3d map. The before map was done in 3 dynopulls, after 1 button press the new software spits out the new ign map... pretty much done... (bear in mind i did this as an extreme example)

Its no revolution but the one button press system seems to cut hours out of tuning, many tuning programs have this built in but are tricky for new users to comprehend.

In fact for those that are interested i would be happy to put thier maps into the program to show before and after comparisons. I just need the ecu file.

post-34927-1237378828_thumb.jpg

post-34927-1237378842_thumb.jpg

Edited by URAS

I must admit that I've not thoroughly read all of these pages. I missed a few.

How good is the boost control with the vipec and a single pressure control valve compare to a dual solenoid boost controller like Blitz?

Not as good unfortunately, but as good as many other ebc's.

I'll have a chat to Beno and see what he thinks.

Gary, you ask what problems lol, I was referring mainly to your posts. Try reading them again, you would scare the hell out of anyone thinking of buying one.

Its all good, I'll keep silent and just keep reading.

Haha, yeah sorry mate, i guess i worded my reply badly. I did mean to ask if it was the minor probs i posted or something else someone posted , not just say "what probs" ! Sorry, didn't mean to frighten anyone ... i just can't help talking indepth tech.. you get that way after 20 years in electronics !

But in all honesty, they are a great product, you won't regret getting one. obviously your installer & tuner should be consulted if your not doing the job, and see if there happy to use them.

Gary

The RUZIC ENGINEERNIG ENGINE MONITOR and RACE LOGGER are by far the two best things you can add to your car or race beast.

The screen is easily read, even in direct sunlight. Paul has put a friggin mountain of time into these and I'm always impressed every time I think about what they can do.

My favourite option is where you can select an RPM level vs oil pressure warning. So you can not just monitor oil pressure drops but if something shithouse happens when you are at full noise, you know about it when it happens, not after you have returned to idle....that's the difference between a munched engine that costs thousands and a worn engine that costs a few hundred.

AWESOME AWESOME PRODUCT!

The RUZIC ENGINEERNIG ENGINE MONITOR and RACE LOGGER are by far the two best things you can add to your car or race beast.

The screen is easily read, even in direct sunlight. Paul has put a friggin mountain of time into these and I'm always impressed every time I think about what they can do.

My favourite option is where you can select an RPM level vs oil pressure warning. So you can not just monitor oil pressure drops but if something shithouse happens when you are at full noise, you know about it when it happens, not after you have returned to idle....that's the difference between a munched engine that costs thousands and a worn engine that costs a few hundred.

AWESOME AWESOME PRODUCT!

Yes i run one of these in the drag car and the ability to plug it straght into the Vi-PEC and not only read but program the alarm levels as well as the shift lights is a great feature. Ive never used shift lights in my racecar before and now can keep off the limiter and save a few 10th's down the strip. We have added a few tricky sensors to monitor some things you wouldn't even think of....its the fruit.

Due to the fact the Vi-PEC has 4MB of on board logging, the Ruzic RaceLogger is not required when running the Vi-PEC. I only run the car for 20secs each time i switch the logger on for a race anyway...so 4MB is plenty.

Edited by DiRTgarage

Yes i run one of these in the drag car and the ability to plug it straght into the Vi-PEC and not only read but program the alarm levels as well as the shift lights is a great feature. Ive never used shift lights in my racecar before and now can keep off the limiter and save a few 10th's down the strip. We have added a few tricky sensors to monitor some things you wouldn't even think of....its the fruit.

Due to the fact the Vi-PEC has 4MB of on board logging, the Ruzic RaceLogger is not required when running the Vi-PEC. I only run the car for 20secs each time i switch the logger on for a race anyway...so 4MB is plenty.

With how slow that thing of yours is, I guess you need every 10th you can get :P

i've been looking at those engine moniters, can anyone tell me how much they are, and do they come with everything you need.

also are they setup to only interface with the vipec ecu, or can it be adapted to other ecu's?

can be run on any ecu but all the sensors need to be wired in. The vi-pec just has a single plug interface similar to the Power FC controller.

Just Finished the install of one of Pauls Ruzic engineering em pro2 dash into my R33 GTR track car last weekend and could not be happier is an excellent unit brilliant features easy to read and with out a doubt the best value for mony dash display and data logging available with brilliant technical back up by the guy that actually designs and manufatures the units.

Still have to wire up the data logger but I would highly reccomend this dash and more of a bonus if you are running a vipec with install made easy just pluging into the can bus or serial port.

Not 100% sure you would need to confirm with Paul Ruzic (aka mountainrunner) on the price but I think the EMPRO2 dash sells for aroung $700-$800 including everything required and the RUZIC ENGINEERING RACE LOGGER sells for around the same money but you may need additional sensors depending on what you want to log.

Just Finished the install of one of Pauls Ruzic engineering em pro2 dash into my R33 GTR track car last weekend and could not be happier is an excellent unit brilliant features easy to read and with out a doubt the best value for mony dash display and data logging available with brilliant technical back up by the guy that actually designs and manufatures the units.

Still have to wire up the data logger but I would highly reccomend this dash and more of a bonus if you are running a vipec with install made easy just pluging into the can bus or serial port.

Not 100% sure you would need to confirm with Paul Ruzic (aka mountainrunner) on the price but I think the EMPRO2 dash sells for aroung $700-$800 including everything required and the RUZIC ENGINEERING RACE LOGGER sells for around the same money but you may need additional sensors depending on what you want to log.

revised pricing is $599 with everything included. Bargain!

Considering your car is for mainly track/circuit work (I am assuming from your thread in the motorsport section) why did you not go for an aftermarket dash such as that offered by Motec, Aim, Stack... etc?

Mike

Considering your car is for mainly track/circuit work (I am assuming from your thread in the motorsport section) why did you not go for an aftermarket dash such as that offered by Motec, Aim, Stack... etc?

Mike

I looked at running an AIM dash but the Ruzic does the same job at less than 1/3 of the price installed. The ability to just plug it in and wire up the power and lights to it was also another factor. Simple to install, easy to configure and aussie made.

Edited by DiRTgarage

I've run The ruzzic EM1 for over a year now and its a godsend. No need to fill the car with guages that you cant read on the track, all the info is in one package with preset warning light and alarm for too high/low on all functions.

Looking to upgrade to the EM2 sometime soon to take advantage of the race log feature. Still have the bloody wires sticking out under my carpet from where Mr. ruzzic was guinee pigging to sort the bugs out of the 2 series.

I looked at running an AIM dash but the Ruzic does the same job at less than 1/3 of the price installed. The ability to just plug it in and wire up the power and lights to it was also another factor. Simple to install, easy to configure and aussie made.

Yeah I know Ray Hall is working with companies like Aim, Racepak to get their dashes working with the Vipec.

I know what you are saying and it is a great option, but another advantage I see with running an aftermarket dash is that you can eliminate the additional unneccesary sensors and wiring associated with the standard dash.

Yeah I know Ray Hall is working with companies like Aim, Racepak to get their dashes working with the Vipec.

I know what you are saying and it is a great option, but another advantage I see with running an aftermarket dash is that you can eliminate the additional unneccesary sensors and wiring associated with the standard dash.

Ray Hall is also working with a small operation called Ruzic Engineering.

This item fills lots of gaps...like guys who dont want to part with thousands for a full dash that does nothing more, takes a lot to install and is not really practical in a street car. A lot of the initial hesitation for going to the Vi-PEC by Power FC owners was the lack of a dash mounted interface unit. This is what most wanted so this product is a perfect solution.