Engine Bay Pictures

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How the hell did you make that ;)

It certainly was not easy or cheap! :D

Visit My Website to see how i made it.

Hey that white bay up a bit - made a heap of difference painting the fuse box etc white - Great Job!

The big problem is the more you do, the more you HAVE to do, cause the poor looking bits stand out more! - Just ask Dahtone Racing! :D

Most awsome engine bay EVER and someone picked to I/C holes...

I'd give my left nut to have a nice freshly painted white engine bay. Mine engine bay paint has gone all chalky.

Ha ha yea had to do clutch, cam belt and a few other things so decided to rip the whole lot out and do it properly. I actually thought it was pretty clean till we got the motor out...

From this

EngineOut002.jpg

To this

EngineOut019.jpg

Top work!!! great effort there! that engine bay lookz smick!! mine is on the way got lots more to do tho!! love clean engine bays....mm

So did you remove everything from the engine bay including the brake booster and brake lines, then just cover up the steering rack etc during painting.

Also, did you just sand back the original paint for preparation.

Im looking at doing this next year.

Shaun.

So did you remove everything from the engine bay including the brake booster and brake lines, then just cover up the steering rack etc during painting.

Also, did you just sand back the original paint for preparation.

Im looking at doing this next year.

Shaun.

I masked up brake booster and lines. Removed everything else. Covered rack like you said. Yep all sanded back, primed then painted including clear.

Def worth doing mate, your engine looks awesome by the way!

I masked up brake booster and lines. Removed everything else. Covered rack like you said. Yep all sanded back, primed then painted including clear.

Def worth doing mate, your engine looks awesome by the way!

Thanks mate,

There's a lot of polishing there; once you polish one thing, you've gotta polish the next!

Ill definately pull my engine out again next year and paint the engine bay. I like yours because you cant really see all the wires and lines running everywhere. Thats what im going to concentrate on most; hiding alot of the wires.

Shaun.

Thanks mate,

There's a lot of polishing there; once you polish one thing, you've gotta polish the next!

Ill definately pull my engine out again next year and paint the engine bay. I like yours because you cant really see all the wires and lines running everywhere. Thats what im going to concentrate on most; hiding alot of the wires.

Shaun.

I know what you mean about the polishing!

I rewired as much as possible to try and keep everything tidy... less wires the better i reakon.

cheers

Edited by AntsRB25