SAU Community

The NSX is a pretty quick weapon. It won Targa Tassie if I'm correct. Only cause Jimmy Richards wasn't there (Again I think??)

Having driven one the NSX feels more quicker around corners but can't give no numbers to back that up. But as Rezz said, it ain't built to run the 1/4. Here's a hint as to what it was built for. Ayrton Senna helped developed the NSX.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stock for stock it's an awesome machine - the nsx-r, with it's ultra light weight, is devastating. However, things don't remain stock vs stock for very long, and there are no parity rules on the street.

Originally posted by N/A®

REZZ, is that your yellow gtr?? Looks great! love the Trust bar and side skirts... any more pics??

Unfortunantly...... no:(

It`s ADVANCE`s `33 GT-R demo car. You might know Advances NSX, coz it was one of Option 2`s cover cars last year.

Some more pics...

r33-6.jpg

r33-5.jpg

r33-7.jpg

r33-8.jpg

r33-1.jpg

Thats a Trust front bumper and side skirts, a Trial rear bumper spoiler, and a Sard GT Wing PRO.

Thats an HKS T51R-Kai hanging off the engine, and there are all sorts of Advance goodies inside the engine. They don`t divulge the power output, but, as it`s a track car, it`s prolly about 500 - 600ps (most circuit GT-R`s are about that)

Ok - I currently own a '97 NSX but am trying to sell it so I can buy a gtr r34. I have driven both cars and there are plusses to both. Off the line the GTR kicks it's ass but once up to speed and through the windy stuff (but not extreme 1st gear stuff) the NSX is un-believable. But the GTR can be more fun as the NSX sticks like a train on rails whist the GTR gets a little more outta control - in a controlable fashion. When the NSX starts to go - its gone! (Does that make sense!?)

Internally the NSX is beautiful and unbelievably comfortable - which is where the extra $$$ come into it. But there is a much greater potential for added aftermarket fun in a GTR.

AVO in Melb put a twin-turbo + intercooler package into an NSX (plus some other bits like fuel pumps, injectors etc) for a Targa Tas car but this left the car completely bootless and spare tyreless so basically it was a "race only" car.

Comptech in the USA build an awesome supercharger system with which you can start to get some scary figures out of one and keep it as a road car. But with this upgrade costing around the AUD$20K mark it still comes down to the fact that $$$ to $$$ there is nothing like a GTR for aftermarket fun.

ausGTR: just for reference,

in 1992 the R costed 110k NEW off the showroom floor, the NSX was 157K.

these days I think a NSX is around 220k?? or so, god knows how much an R34 R would be if they sold them here new but id say around 150k.

EDIT: just checked redbook.. the NSX is now ~250K.. ouch.

Shaun

Originally posted by Silver-Arrowz

The next generation is apparently in the pipeline so I hope they can somehow shoehorn a V8 or a V6 + turbo (unlikely). It definetly needs more poke.

I was thinking V10 - passing on some of their F1 technology which is what the NSX was originally meant to be all about - but it won't happen. Shame cause it would sure make one monster of a car!

From Wheels Jan 03:

Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R V-Spec:

"Mildly modified with a low-restriction air filter, a stormwater-drain exhaust system, and turbo boost pressure nudged to 1.05 bar (15.5psi)"

Price $120,000 (est)

Power to Weight 131kw/tonne (std) [YEAH RIGHT!!!!!!!]

Top Speed 258km/h

0-100 4.50sec

0-400m 12.72 @ 179.8km/h

0-1k 23.13 @ 229.1km/h

Honda NSX Bone Stock:

Price $256,100

Power to Weight 146kw/tonne [hmmm]

Top Speed 245km/h

0-100 6.08sec

0-400m 14.23 @ 160.2km/h

0-1k 25.77 @ 208.4km/h

So it would seem that the GTR :Owned: the NSX.... I'm sure I've seen another mag get the NSX faster tho. 0-400 was more like 13.5...

i have an mpeg on my computer of an NSX, cant remmeber which version, it was dragging a car down the quarter mile, and it was driven by a qualified driver.

it did 12.9 secs stock.

It was drag racing an R33 GTR, which did a 12.7 pass.

We are talking about the fastest times ever, regardless of which year model and so on, the australian NSX's have generally been crap in yardstick acceleration figures.

We dont get the best nsx's here, and the ones tested in the magazines are fast at all.

That R34 GTR that was in wheels magazine was an N1 spec, and it was modified, and u want to compare it against a stock australian NSX?

:)

The NSX and the GT-R are totally different cars doing a similar job: going effing quick.

GT-R is a 2+2 techno wizz coupe while the NSX (and NSX-TypeR) were designed as town-friendly supercars that your granny could drive to the shops.

For the record, the NSX won the first TWO targa tassies in the hands of Greg Crick. Richo wasn't driving in it back then and even when he entered his R32 GT-R he didn't do very well. Not until Porsche power anyway...

Originally posted by Nismodified

That R34 GTR that was in wheels magazine was an N1 spec, and it was modified, and u want to compare it against a stock australian NSX?

:D

Hmmm no. The GTR in the Jan 03 edition was not the N1. You're thinking of an earlier issue with the comparison with the HSV.

Actually, i know the dudes at the magazine and it wasn't as lightly modded as they claim. And yes, it was an N1, noone they talked to would lend their stock R34 GT-R for the test (with good reason: top speed test in a car with a 180km/h limiter?)

I checked the results on Japanese Best Motoring videos. In January 1992 they tested an NSX and an R32 GTR. The NSX did 400m in 13.59 and lapped Tsukuba in 1:08.72. The GT-R did 13.26 and 1:08.48.

In May and June 1993 They tested the lighter NSX-R (not available in Australia) and the R32 GT-R V-Spec. The NSX-R did 400m in 13.06 seconds and lapped Tsukuba in 1:06.46, while the V-Spec did 12.85 seconds and 1:07.45.

Looking at later videos it seems the NSX is generally a little faster around a circuit and a little slower across 400m, so they are really a very close match.

I still reckon you're wasting the NSX on the drag strip, it's built for more than straight-line speed.

I wouldn't mind seeing Aston Martin AM V8 (the new baby 911-fighter) vs Lamborghini Gallardo vs new NSX vs 996 911 Turbo.