SAU Community

1991 Australian Touring Car Championship Highlights

targethonda

I have 1991 and 1992 of the Bathurst races, but the Bathurst one has severe audio vs video warp, the sync is nasty.

1991 is in perfect condition though, and a dream to watch and remember how the Skylines slaughtered the rest of the field :P

It's also on Youtube as well.

B.

Bring back Amaroo Park !!

Was thinking the same thing!! What a track!! What ended up happening to it??

lol I was thinking the same - all of these tracks show the charm which is missing from new tracks like EC and PI. I love the undualations, roughness and wierd corner angles

Yes agreed!! There's something thats just so raw about the whole thing (like at the mallala race the photographer standing in the entrance to the pit lane taking photographs!)Try that now see how far you get!!!

Thanks for the video's as well, will match my highlights video of the 91/92 bathurst that i got for my birthday last year :P

I loved those videos of the 91 series, I really miss the old days of racing with more variety in the cars and even the mid race chats to the drivers, I'd love to see the 90 series too with the old skylines and how Jim Richards did in the championship before the GTR and even the first races with the GTR!

Was thinking the same thing!! What a track!! What ended up happening to it??

I found these on a quick search

http://www.ten-tenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7938

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amaroo_Park

It's sad that it's now a housing estate.

even sader is that the housing estate they put on it was 1 acre blocks not your average 1/4 or 1/8 acre blocks. so in the end there are only about 10 houses built on the whole site.

Oran Park is going the same way (Housing Estate) in the next 2 years so don't miss it!