SAU Community

Oil Filter Relocation Kits

BigDirtyJase

Hey Guys,

I'm currently due to do a service on my car and I've just saw where the oil filter is located and all I can say is WTF!!! what a hell of a spot to put it...I gives me all the more reason to get a oil filter relocation kit.

Now I don't know what I'm looking or should I look for (in terms of brands), one of my requirements is that I need to connect a oil temp sensor for my oil temp gauge (which is still not installed - being lazy)

I was looking at the Perma-Cool oil filter relocation kit...Has anyone used them and if someone can tell me if you can connect an oil temp sensor

Thanks guys!

Apparently the Just Jap ones are pretty good - You can get a kit where you get the relocation kit and you get an oil cooler. I read also in their thread that you can fit oil pressure and temp sensors into the sandwich plate so that pretty much covers all your base (are belong to us!) :spank:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Co...nd-t173241.html

Starting from $389 for a relo-kit and 7 row cooling core. :P

Apparently the Just Jap ones are pretty good - You can get a kit where you get the relocation kit and you get an oil cooler. I read also in their thread that you can fit oil pressure and temp sensors into the sandwich plate so that pretty much covers all your base (are belong to us!) :spank:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Co...nd-t173241.html

Starting from $389 for a relo-kit and 7 row cooling core. :P

Hmmm...just the relocation kit (no Core) is $330 from Just Jap...must consider....

greddy (grex) oil relocation kit is around $150? from Nengun

i use it, so does mr.mod

That would be me Tangles is talking about.

Yep, I use the Trust GReddy/GRex one too - I can't remember how much I paid for it, but it was a fair chunk under $200.

Just make sure you PROPERLY secure all the lines as you put it on. They're a bit hard to install (the oil lines are pretty stiff and hard to bend into place for where it needs to be), but it's a short-term pain for long-term gain thing...

• 3 weeks later...

Well I decided to get the Trust/Greddy Oil filter relocation kit (not the one with the oil cooler)...Getting it from RMS Motorsport for $200 deleivered to my door. Well at least this has delayed my service by approx 2 weeks (waiting for it to come in)

Does it use the same filter as the stock S2 filters or do I have to go something different??

When I had a justjap kit on my 180 it used a different filter but I cant remember what it was, but I'd say with the Greddy kit it would probably use the skyline filter. Just remember you'll need a little more oil than usual (not much, not as much as if you were adding a cooler too) 5L should still cover it.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't get it, I dont have skinny/small arms as a rule and I can stand at the wheel and get my hand around the filter easily and my left hand fingers to balance pressure as I twist, too easy, it harder on the skyline but no problem on the stagea, what is the advantage in these kits beside removal?

Edited by momo

I don't get it, I dont have skinny/small arms as a rule and I can stand at the wheel and get my hand around the filter easily and my left hand fingers to balance pressure as I twist, too easy, it harder on the skyline but no problem on the stagea, what is the advantage in these kits beside removal?

Easier to change filter, filter in a relocation kits is usually mounted higher and reduces oil going everywhere when changing.

Makes it possible to add sensors for aftermarket gauges or alter plumbing to suit oil coolers.

:blink:

• 1 month later...

Well i got my greddy relocation kit installed. Thank god I had access to a hoist because it was a pain in the ass to install...the other think I found not so good are the Earl's fittings - though they look nice, they are the screw clamp type (like a normal clamp just inside the fitting)...all but 1 broke on me and just used normal clamps to clamp...

The only problem I have now...is putting in my oil temp sensor.

I've got a autogauge oil temp gauge with the sensor but the sensor doesn't fit in the hole. What should I do....has anyone else got this relocation kit and autogauge oil temp gauge and how do you get around it??

At the moment I have 2 of 3 autogauge gauges running (volts and boost) and set in the centre under my headunit looks good but the oil temp is off until I can get the sensor installed

Got a tap and die set? Re-thread the sensor hole maybe to suit your sensor.

Save you running around looking for an adapter.

or

Check out autobarn, west/east coast auto spares (open sunday in ringwood i think)

for a brass adapter to suit the different threads, usually find it near where they

have the vaccum trees on the shelf.

Another thing, Jason, is that both the sandwich plate on the block and the bit where your new filter location is SHOULD have two different-sized fittings (at least that's how I remember it), so you can choose where it would be more convenient for you to "plug-in" the sensor.

• 1 month later...