SAU Community

R33 S2 Motor Wont Start In My S1

hey ppl i have serched and cannot find

i have just put a s2 motor into my s1

i replaced the loom to s2 everything is s2 ecu and all

i went to start it today it turns over but wont start it has good compresion

also the starter motor make a massive squeal noise after to trys to start i brought the motor off a guy here (third motor off here) the motor seems to be fine i dint touch anything when putting it in

it tried to start but wont fire

i have checked all connections battery is charged

i live 4 hours form adelaide and thinking of trailoring it down to boostworks

can some help me

running stock ecu diag would provide a great help

you could check all the sensors, and check on board diag, it even tells you why the engine failed to start

put up a post in your local state chaper, asking for someone with a consult cable & software

offer some beer for a visit to come out and plug it into a laptop, will clear up a bunch of issues and sensors to ensure they are working

if you cant get access to consult - go see a work shop like you said

trying unplugging afm, see if that helps, try unplugging water temp sensor, see if that helps

yeah S1 has 4 wires

S2 has 3 wires

the difference is the S1 has ground and signal ground, whereas S2 has one shared ground wire

so you can just join the ground wires together

goto the tutorial section, look for a post by "Cubes" he has done a wiring chart, which covers what you need

lastly if you cant find that, look at my website paulr33.skylinesaustralia.com im pretty sure the same data is on there

look under wiring diagrams on my site

hey ppl i have serched and cannot find

i have just put a s2 motor into my s1

i replaced the loom to s2 everything is s2 ecu and all

i went to start it today it turns over but wont start it has good compresion

also the starter motor make a massive squeal noise after to trys to start i brought the motor off a guy here (third motor off here) the motor seems to be fine i dint touch anything when putting it in

it tried to start but wont fire

i have checked all connections battery is charged

i live 4 hours form adelaide and thinking of trailoring it down to boostworks

can some help me

Mate try Hybrid z`s web site, It shows you every wire you need to get it going as I just did a rb25det conversion myself. It started first time I S%^T myself. I can send the file to you I has pics and all. Note 260z ignition wiring is very similar.

Zyline

hey ppl thanks

im using all s2 loom and ecu and coisl the works

i relised the afm was wired wrong so i have put both ground together now see how i go just waiting for my battery to charge

im getting fuel

^dude the car should run without an AFM at all, shouldnt stop it starting. just unplug the AFM alltogether if you think it might be a problem

Ok so first, go send that guy his oil relocation kit

Then when you have done that, check the computer. Mine did EXACTLY the same thing when I stripped my engine down. I did everything, even pulled apart the afm to check the board and cleaned that with contact cleaner, cleaned the afm, checked plugs, the comp, checked injector voltage, afm voltage blablabla. I did everything except for one of the most basic and easiest things I could have checked. Turns out somehow I got my ecu mixed with my mates when both our cars were in pieces in the garage and I had a s1 ecu, swapped back and went fine.

ok oil relocation has being send already

ok i have two ecu here but i am 100% sure the ecu im using is a s2

wat if i have wired the wires worng if someone can tell me hwat wires go to what wire from s2 loom to s1 plug that would solve my problem

Edited by teazn_r33