SAU Community

R34 Oxygen Sensor Test

SLY034

AIR/FUEL RATIO CHECK

(Valid for R34 Models ONLY. Not valid for R34 GTR)

This a great 5min test to see if your O2 sensor/Oxygen sensor is working correctly within spec.

All you will need is a paper clip or small length of wire with its end's bared.

Bend your new object into a U shape. This will become your 'Looping' tool.

You will need to pull out the Diagnostic Port located below the steering column to the right.

post-48970-1210988034_thumb.jpgpost-48970-1210987592_thumb.jpg

Step 1: Warm up the engine to normal operating temperature.

Step 2: Once your engine has been warmed. Turn engine off, turn key back to IGN.

Step 3: Hold your loop to terminals CHK and IGN on the diagnostic port for 2 seconds or more then disconnect. This now places

your car into Diagnostic Mode II.

Step 4: Start the engine and run at idle for 10 seconds or until first Engine Check Lamp Blink, then hold at 2000 rpm or higher.

Check that the the Engine Check Lamp blinks at least 5 times in 10 seconds.

Step 5: Once you have completed the test, turn the vehicle off. Turn Key to IGN and repeat step 3 to

turn off diagnostics.

It is a bit hard to count to 10 and count the Engine Check Lamp blinks at the same time so i got my mate to use my mobile phone's stop watch. I said GO and counted and he finished with STOP after the time was up. Simple!

I had an idea that my o2 sensor was shot and this test proved it by only blinking 3 & 4 times during tests.

• 4 months later...
AIR/FUEL RATIO CHECK

(Valid for R34 Models ONLY. Not valid for R34 GTR)

This a great 5min test to see if your O2 sensor/Oxygen sensor is working correctly within spec.

All you will need is a paper clip or small length of wire with its end's bared.

Bend your new object into a U shape. This will become your 'Looping' tool.

You will need to pull out the Diagnostic Port located below the steering column to the right.

post-48970-1210988034_thumb.jpgpost-48970-1210987592_thumb.jpg

Step 1: Warm up the engine to normal operating temperature.

Step 2: Once your engine has been warmed. Turn engine off, turn key back to IGN.

Step 3: Hold your loop to terminals CHK and IGN on the diagnostic port for 2 seconds or more then disconnect. This now places

your car into Diagnostic Mode II.

Step 4: Start the engine and run at idle for 10 seconds or until first Engine Check Lamp Blink, then hold at 2000 rpm or higher.

Check that the the Engine Check Lamp blinks at least 5 times in 10 seconds.

Step 5: Once you have completed the test, turn the vehicle off. Turn Key to IGN and repeat step 3 to

turn off diagnostics.

It is a bit hard to count to 10 and count the Engine Check Lamp blinks at the same time so i got my mate to use my mobile phone's stop watch. I said GO and counted and he finished with STOP after the time was up. Simple!

I had an idea that my o2 sensor was shot and this test proved it by only blinking 3 & 4 times during tests.

hi man

I think my o2 sensor is stuffed. Im hoping anyway. I get an engine cut at high revs sometimes, it is one pain in the ass please if u can shead some light on the situation much appreciated

• 1 month later...
hi man

I think my o2 sensor is stuffed. Im hoping anyway. I get an engine cut at high revs sometimes, it is one pain in the ass please if u can shead some light on the situation much appreciated

hey mate sounds like the same problem im having, under load at about 4600RPM it cuts out and hits like a rev limiter ? anyway have a read of this

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Mi...500-t32356.html

pretty much ruled mine down to this but im just gonna replace with spit fires :banana:

• 7 years later...