SAU Community

GTST Vs WRX and WRX STi?

Guest StickyIckyIcky

WRX will always beat a gtst. Stock for stock or both with the same modifications. As long as the WRX owner can get the best launch out of it and the same for the GTST. It will get closer towards the end of the 400m mark as the Nissan pulls up closer but i think the distance won from the launch will just get it.

STI will beat both FOR CERTAIN.

mite as well post up a

GTR vs GTST vs WRX thread while we are at it.

Originally posted by N/A®

...As long as the WRX owner can get the best launch out of it ....

as we all know, launching a WRX is one of the few simply joys in life.

No other car can accelerate as well as a WRX..after it bogs down

Originally posted by Nismodified

mite as well post up a

GTR vs GTST vs WRX thread while we are at it.

as we all know, launching a WRX is one of the few simply joys in life.  

No other car can accelerate as well as a WRX..after it bogs down

Funny man, I like you! :bahaha:

Try launching an Evo VIII. Makes Rex look pedestrian, nothing from Subaru or STi i've driven (and i've had a go in a few quick Subies, incl a 22B) accelerates from 40-160km/h like the Evo.

By the way, you ever notice Subaru backwards is U-R-A-BUS!

Subaru are meant to be releasing a road-going version of their WRC car called WRCar. According to the rumours, it's pretty much going to be the same as what Petter Solberg drives, except for the engine which will be the 300hp US STi donk with more torque. 5 are coming to Oz...

Originally posted by Sonic

Funny man, I like you! :bahaha:  

Try launching an Evo VIII. Makes Rex look pedestrian, nothing from Subaru or STi i've driven (and i've had a go in a few quick Subies, incl a 22B) accelerates from 40-160km/h like the Evo.

By the way, you ever notice Subaru backwards is U-R-A-BUS!

Evo are not that powerful, Sti are not that shit

they are in the same class. In Jap, the Sti is a touch expensive than Evo.(as i remeber)

the WRX is more mature car then Evo (similar performance, but heaps better ride quality) and the Evo is following the way WRX goes(that's why the Evo 7 GTA was built)

i agree Evo is a better car, but it doesn't worth the price different in Aus.

BTW, have u EVER launch a Evo 8?

WRX will eat Gts-t in daily life, coz heaps better traction when they launch

Erm, yes i have driven an Evo VIII. Why?

Evo VIII DOES make the Rex look pedestrian because of its shorter gearing, which means it blasts the 0-180km/h quicker than the WRX STi can.

As for your claim that the Evo is following the STi:

Well that's why Ralliart blatantly copied FHI by putting AYC and ACD on their cars, D'oh! :P

Originally posted by N/A®

WRX will always beat a gtst. Stock for stock or both with the same modifications. As long as the WRX owner can get the best launch out of it and the same for the GTST. It will get closer towards the end of the 400m mark as the Nissan pulls up closer but i think the distance won from the launch will just get it.

STI will beat both FOR CERTAIN.

For an STi WRx to get past me it has to have alot more $$ spent than I have.

For one it needs an aftermarket turbo upgrade, intercooler and ECU. Then it may beat me.

Guest StickyIckyIcky

dunno about the evo8 but .. the MY01 STI (bug eye) Vs the EVO7 in BestMotoring V5 they say the STI pulls harder in 3rd and fourth gear..

though the evo holds a tighter line....

Originally posted by rev210

For an STi WRx to get past me it has to have alot more $$ spent than I have.

For one it needs an aftermarket turbo upgrade, intercooler and ECU. Then it may beat me.

Not trying to be a smart ass but, you did mention STI right? Ok, i draged a wrx a few years back at a proper drag strip with the mods you mentioned, turbo (VF 22 STI one), FMIC and ECU. So really it has similar power output of an STI but minus the lower gear ratios = slightly slower car. However, it was on 1.2 bar. I ran a 12.4/12.3/12.8 Consistantly... so really, an STI DOESNOT need a turbo for one, to beat you.

I noticed youre only in the low 13's??!!! By the way, the WRX was a WAGON.

:shake: