SAU Community

R32 Gts-t Front Lips

G'day folks

Looking to chuck a front lip on my stocky R32 GTS-T front bar. Due to the difference in shape to a GTR bar, I don't think the GTR lip would fit on it, and I don't have the cash to go and buy one for it not to fit.

Has anyone seen any a/m lips for a non-type m bar? either someone selling one, or even a pic of one on a car floating round japan, as I know they were big on factory aero with lip kits back in the day.

Looking to do something like this

31686d1141821645-rieger-infinity-lip-spoiler-yes-no-rieger-lip-spoiler-e30-front.jpg

Edited by AndrewJZX100

umm i have one but its not what you think...

it was an auto drop down spoiler, that drops down at 70km/hr....also have a manual down setting.

it ways about 20kg and has 2 actuators attached

the actuators wont fit if you have a front mount...but you maybe able to attach it another way.

PM if you want it still.

• 2 weeks later...

Some r32's came from factory with an automatic front spoiler. View the vid below of my car;

You can get aftermarket lips for your front bar (depending which front bar your car has) Although they are made of fibreglass and you will destroy them when you clip a kerb :P

frntbrty0.jpg

img0043mediumuy2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Its a TBO lip

i have one on my car that i bought here in Aus, but took me over a year to find it and it was broken wen i got it

still gota have it painted but car is off raod atm

Only place you will get one is Japan and most importers will charge you about $400 - $450 to get it here thats what i was quoted

I was very lucky to find mine in Aus :D

• 1 month later...

I reckon it is as you can see it doesn't quite match up to the shape of the GTS bar.

I tracked down one of those auto spoilers and fitted it up. It took some modification to fit how I wanted it, as it's not a 100% match to the shape of the bar. I cut a few V's in the plastic so it could be bent into a more angular shape and matched to curves in the bar.

Heres what I ended up with:

s5003247du4.jpg

And painted:

s5003268vi5.jpg

s5003269lx8.jpg

The paint match isn't quite 100% but I don't really care. I wouldn't mind seeing how it look bogged up to the bar so it looks moulded in, but I like having the ability to take it off if I wanted.

Edited by AndrewJZX100

AndrewJZX100; How do you possibly get up any gutters with that lip? That's ridiculously low to the ground!

Also, your first photo.. looks like you've been to the drags :(

Yidz: Yeah it does sit pretty low :( which is the main reason I like having the ability to remove it if needed. In the first pic, my driveway slopes down on like a 45* angle, and the bit under the car port is flat, which is why it looks so low to the ground (and which is why I'm only halfway into the carport, any more and the lip goes bye bye as it was only cable tied on at that stage :()

GTS4WD: This was one of the motorised lips, until I messed with it :)

And nah they aren't front runners from the drags in the top pic, it's because the stockies have poo offset combined with 3* of camber from Nismo top arms, they sit wayyyy into the guards :)

Edited by AndrewJZX100

^ sweet, cheers for that info mate. I was originally trying to find a car that had a front lip similar in shape to the stock bar, then found the 32 came with one anyway :domokun:

Might have a gander at these Accord lips, as I sorta wanted the lip to stick out forwards a bit, which the stock 32 lip doesn't do at all :domokun:

Do you know the model year range or chassis code of the ones that'd fit best?

um im not real up to date with hondas haha but they come off these ones.... you just chop the ends to suit then drill holes in the gtst bumper and accord lip and give it the old zip tie treatment.

514434638_719782d7c2.jpg?v=0

that links a pic of the model i mean. i think the oddysey lips work to coz they look identical to me??