SAU Community

Importers We Trust

-FIGJAM-

Hey All,

Alright, i look through this section time after time and see the same questions asked over and over. I think we need a sticky thread or something decent so that new members and new buyers can just have a quick look.

The importer that i used to get my R33, was Japstyle in Landsvale NSW. Salesmen's name was Loc.

Top yard they have, very clean cars and decent prices.

Any help that ive needed with the car, they have been more then helpful and have not charged me a single thing for it.

Cheers,

Hey All,

Im currently in the process of obtaining my new R33 Gtst. I've gone through Top Secret Imports in Blacktown, Sydney. The Salesman is Gary Sandher. Great bunch of guys there. Highly recommend them to anyone in the local NSW area. There not like Usedcar sales man that are out to earn a buck or two. As they highly rely on word of mouth with there sales and are not out to sell rubbish at expensive prices (As you'll find most places along Parramatta Rd do.).

Cheers.

• 1 month later...

Hi

Gary Sandher from Top Secret Imports is very good - no aftersales service at this stage; but soon

Alistair Emmett from Powerplay Imports is very good - aftersales service & parts are available

Darron from Just Jap is very good - aftersales service & parts are available next door

Don't know about Lansvale, Haberfield, Milperra or Baulkham Hills.

Perhaps other guys on SAU can fill us in more...

Cheers, T

My two cents

Northshore Prestige Motro.

To some people they are pricey but the car so reliable.

Another thumbs up for Ben from North Shore Prestige Motors.

I've bought 3 cars from them. :)

Top Secret are a little dodgy to me.

My friend bought a non turbo supra in that wierdo blue olour off them and when i saw the car, it had been in a previous front accident(big one) and had been hit on the passenger side door. Yea I know they're cheap but you pay for what you get.

If you want a good, reliable car and great after sales service, go to E&M Unique Motors, in Five Dock.

My cousin bought a R34 GTR Vpec from them. It was immaculate and was a grade 5. They were also the only guys in Sydney that gave their own in-house warranty, every other Dealer/Importer offered some dodgy insurance company warranty, those 3 year warranties.

Top Secret are a little dodgy to me.

My friend bought a non turbo supra in that wierdo blue olour off them and when i saw the car, it had been in a previous front accident(big one) and had been hit on the passenger side door. Yea I know they're cheap but you pay for what you get.

That doesnt make them dodgy...aslong as the buyer knew that the car was in an accident before they bought it. They knowingly bought a car that was in an accident, and the price should have reflected that...

Hi Guys

Great idea for a post, I have been using the guys at Ozcarimports.com for about 5 years now.

They are based in Adelaide but can easily deliver anywhere in Oz, I get mine sent to Perth.

I have personally had 2 Skylines and 1 VR4 from them and also sorted out a few other cars for friends.

Nick

That doesnt make them dodgy...aslong as the buyer knew that the car was in an accident before they bought it. They knowingly bought a car that was in an accident, and the price should have reflected that...

Exactly,

Although I havent bought frmo Top Secret Imports, I have met Garry before and he was a very decent guy that doesnt pressure you to buy anything. I checked out some of his stock and they were in very good nic.

Hi Guys

Great idea for a post, I have been using the guys at Ozcarimports.com for about 5 years now.

They are based in Adelaide but can easily deliver anywhere in Oz, I get mine sent to Perth.

I have personally had 2 Skylines and 1 VR4 from them and also sorted out a few other cars for friends.

Nick

Nick

Thanks mate, how are you handling the transition from single to Twin Turbo and 2wd to 4wd?

Do you still have a licence?? lol

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Ozcars, who is that? Steve or Luke

Doing just fine with the car cheers, its got a great driver see!!

Just about still got the license, although I am getting excited about those new GTR's which might put an end to that!! :(

I should look into bringing one to Thailand, I got stopped doing 180km/h a few weeks back in my Hilux Vigo and I just paid $10 and drove off again.

Hey Ozcars, who is that? Steve or Luke

Doing just fine with the car cheers, its got a great driver see!!

Just about still got the license, although I am getting excited about those new GTR's which might put an end to that!! :P

I should look into bringing one to Thailand, I got stopped doing 180km/h a few weeks back in my Hilux Vigo and I just paid $10 and drove off again.

lol!!

havn't imported yet but Craig from j-spec.com.au has been very helpful to answering all my questions.

I could go on and on about how awesome J-Spec is... but i'd be biased :banana: guess i trust the guys i work with :bunny:

Anyone here used Japanese Sports Auto in Preston?

I did. Thumbs down.

Anyone here used Japanese Sports Auto in Preston?

I did. Thumbs down.

I went there to ask about importing since I work and live not far from there.. and there was something about them that made me think better of it.

I decided to go through Geoff at Prestige Motorsport and he's been 100% helpful throughout the process so far.

Is anyone able to suggest someone, or a reputable business that i could get to do an independent appraisal of a car thats in Japan please, and how much does it usually cost, or even if its possible?

Ive been told by some importers here not to even think about a car that they/me havent seen in person, as opposed to a vehicle thats just listed by a third party in Australia.

Ive seen companies that exists only on the net, with no business address or phone number? Are they to be trusted or not? And what happens if there are problems down the track?

Ive seen a car i like, but.......

Thanks.

Is anyone able to suggest someone, or a reputable business that i could get to do an independent appraisal of a car thats in Japan please, and how much does it usually cost, or even if its possible?

Ive been told by some importers here not to even think about a car that they/me havent seen in person, as opposed to a vehicle thats just listed by a third party in Australia.

Ive seen companies that exists only on the net, with no business address or phone number? Are they to be trusted or not? And what happens if there are problems down the track?

Ive seen a car i like, but.......

Thanks.

There are alot of companies that just list dealers stock in Japan, the do not own the stock but they are listing other dealers stock on there site as there own. The only problem with this is that they might not beable to supply you with the car that you are looking at as is could be sold already.

A broker is a good option because they source the car you want and its very up front process. They will deal with you from piont of purchase through to compliance/delivery. There are alot of good brokers that you would see on the differen forums around Australia that operate sound businesses.

With my business I tend to buy a range of cars knowing that they are of good quality and popular models, I get Jevic inspects to certify the odometers.

Check out www.ozcarimports.com we have a link there to explain JEVIC inspection. We also give good discounts for internet based inquiries.

I you have any other general question I am more than happy to help you.

Steve

This post should read "Car dealers we trust" or "People who want to advertise for free" as the subject is more then covered a million times over, it is a wonder the thread isn't closed by the moderators it is so obvious.

Car dealer is a car dealer no matter how they try to say they are your mate or looking after you, the sliding scale rule is the further you have to travel if their is a problem the less you are to trust them, fact of life.