R34 Gtr Mfd In Gtt

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yo, man. My GTT is basically a RWD GTR.

600rwhp with a RB26DETT transformed to a RB27DET and a GTR tranny mounted underneath.

I NEEDED the MFD to monitor my car's vitals signs so I can help avoid trips to the Skyline doctor.

• 1 year later...

Lol he be mad because he's only got a 32 and this swap won't work for him.

so... I have a R31 and I am about to go full custom with one of these.

question as well. I see a tach input on this - can I get a TACH gauge up on this unit at all?

I have pulled the tach out of my dash to put this display in place.

(and 2yr thread bump ~ !~)

Lol actually thinking of putting one in my ralliart colt, but so many better aftermarket options out there.

Oh good to see u still around chris.

Lol actually thinking of putting one in my ralliart colt, but so many better aftermarket options out there.

Oh good to see u still around chris.

yep still around , still screwing with old nissans..

Chris, There is no way to show RPM on the unit itself. The RPM input is used to trigger (at a desired point) the REV shift light on the unit. Let me know if you have any questions as I have just finished installing one of these (properly) into my GTT.

got this one on the bench and went looking. looks like I lost the tach in my car. its auto and no biggie.

progess shots: (reverse engineering the switches and video display at that point.)

1098176_10201795206065101_1210220218_n.j

What water temp are you guys seeing on your gtt MFD when idling? Mine sits at 91-92c with AC on. Not sure if that's accurate or not. Any one else's read outs would be appreciated.

Around 82-84 when idling for me. I've seen it at 87 or so last time I took it through the mountains up hill etc. But it is winter/cool here so might be different in Summer. It's consistent with my ECUTalk display readout.

anyone have an exact translation of the G sensor pinouts. I have the HK PDF but the pinuts for brown 25.26.28.29.38.39.40.44 are VERY vague as to function.

Chris, see attached image file. I copied this right from the Nissan R34 GTR Supplemental Manual. It has all the trouble shooting stuff and pinout for the MFD. Maybe it makes more sense than the HK translated one to you.

post-89402-0-57983300-1375884421_thumb.jpg

• 8 months later...

Hi everyone,

I' settling the nismo upgrade on my GTT's MFD.

Does someone know how to install the exhaust sensor?

I mean like a tutorial of the set up?

Do I need to drill a hole or buying a v-spec pipe for example?

Thanks for the reply,

Oh if it could help, I have the Japanese manual and if needed I can take some picture of the two different board side to side while I will install it.

Really it wouldn't be worth it to go and find a V-Spec pipe to install the sensor, and it's not like it would just fit if you did get one.

1. Drill hole pre-cat but away from turbo dump (i installed mine 2cm before cat).

2. Weld bung in to accommodate sensor.

3. Screw sensor in and run wiring up through floor grommet under passenger seat.

4. Terminate 1 sensor wire to eyelet and bolt/screw to floor pan under seat.

5. Extend other sensor wire (it doesn't matter which), to the MFD display neatly and connect to exh. temp. sensor pin.

Don't forget to reinitialize the unit after start up to detect the sensor (and inter-cooler sensor if your installing that too). Although i guess you have to do that anyway since your installing the Nismo board.