SAU Community

Shipping A Bumper From Japan.. Wtf!

SHIZNT

I've been looking at getting a Abflug bumper for my Stagea from Japan and getting it shipped over to Aus. I sent them an email asking if they would ship to Australia and they replyed stating they would but it would cost $800-$1000 as they the box is fairly big. I was pretty shocked as i have been looking at bumpers on Import Monster and by there shipping estimate to have a bumper bar sent from Japan to Australia by ship it would only cost $300.

Does this sound right? and would i be better of sourcing my own shipping from Japan to Australia?

Import monster would ship it in a container, not individually, hence the price, which sounds about right. You will be hard pressed getting it cheaper, since the size is the factor here, not weight. Possibly you could contact import monster or slidewize and see if they can ship it for you in their container for a price.

Yeah, already contacted them mate. They've told me they can also source parts from Japan not through the auctions and will happily put it into a container to ive provided them all the errelivant information now im just waiting for a reply.

Now just gotta keep my fingers crossed. Hopefully what was quoted at $1400-$1600 for a bumper with shipping will be under $1000!

I've been looking at getting a Abflug bumper for my Stagea from Japan and getting it shipped over to Aus. I sent them an email asking if they would ship to Australia and they replyed stating they would but it would cost $800-$1000 as they the box is fairly big. I was pretty shocked as i have been looking at bumpers on Import Monster and by there shipping estimate to have a bumper bar sent from Japan to Australia by ship it would only cost $300.

Does this sound right? and would i be better of sourcing my own shipping from Japan to Australia?

[/quote/]

I also would go with Importmonster, they have heaps of contacts apart from yahoo.jp, easy friendly people to deal with in my experience & I believe they are in the process of loading a container right now. Leastways thats what they told me a couple of days ago. They do markup 25% but the service is worth it imho.

Goodluck

GW