SAU Community

Rc Drift Cars

skybox 32

As winter comes around I would really like to get my hands on a RC Drift Car.

Does anyone know how much one would set me back and where I could get one?

They look awesome :cheers:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i wouldnt mind getting into that too. i have a nitro powered car which i got from the hobby man in dandenong. was 600 for it and i guess the drift ones would be a lil more. im gonna look into it too and will post how much it is on wednesday.

I dunno, but maybe try some of the hobby places in the CBD first. There's one under the Myer overpass on the Melb Central side, and I think another one on Swanston quite near to Flinders Station, opposite the cathedral. They definitely sell RC stuff and Japanese car stuff, so that might be your best bet locally.

If not, you can always try eBay as said.

They are not that fun, I got over mine quite fast.

I had a TT01 which I built like 4 years ago when RC drifting was unheard of here in australia - it had a HPI S15 shell on it, 23T motor all all the drift goodies - swapped it to a member on here called FERNI (purple 33 GTR) for a desktop computer. It was alrite - but you do get bored of it.

I have a Nitro powered Kyosho Inferno buggy - and that thing is 10 times more fun than any drifter - it actually drifts better and more realistically on big streets with shitloads more speed than any electric ive seen! Plus sounds good too!

what do you guys want to know about them?

as some people may know i use to run RCD1 a full rc drift championships in melb and did all the autosalon events and driftfest and so on

still in contact with my sponsors and so on :D my rc car cost around 1500 in total and was full carbon fiber and hit a top speed of 110kph :thumbsup: and bat life was 2hours :D

so yeah tell me what you are after like budget? and i will help you out as best as i can

there is a small movie of some of the guys

what do you guys want to know about them?

as some people may know i use to run RCD1 a full rc drift championships in melb and did all the autosalon events and driftfest and so on

still in contact with my sponsors and so on :) my rc car cost around 1500 in total and was full carbon fiber and hit a top speed of 110kph :) and bat life was 2hours :)

so yeah tell me what you are after like budget? and i will help you out as best as i can

there is a small movie of some of the guys

Holy shit! 110 kph from an RC! That car can be snapped for speeding even on the freeway lol. You could be driving and your passenger could be racing you with the RC.

yes there is a shop in hoppers crossing there a bit pricy but non the less a shop some footage from there indoor track is on the vid

as for the RC car yeah 110kph was clocked on a bike velidrome* SP? with foam tyres and the motor Tuned for max power GO MAMBA laptop tunning :P

I got two from eBay - best purchase ever! The stores i checked out first were way too expensive, i picked up my two for $100 each brand new. The biggest spend was buying drift wheels, a second shell and extra batteries for longer play, (about another $100 all up) but i've never regretted getting them. My artist mate did one up with paint and stickers to resemble his car exactly (S15) and mines the same as my R33 so regularily when we go out cruising we take these bad boys with us!

another friend i know has a nitro powered car but it spends more time in his garage fixing the damn thing than out with us as its so powerful everytime he drives it he smashes it and you can't drift so its not as much fun i think

my suggestion - definately go eBay!!!

(or if you want to see the ones i picked up off ebay meet us some time when we go cruising with them which is usually every week or two in the south east Waverley area. pm me if you want)