SAU Community

Fuel Type

HI eveyone,

just a question on the fuel the v35 coupes drink

do I need to put only 98 octane fuel? or can I use slightly lower grade octane, e.g. 96.

Fuel is so expensive these days, so I thought it would be an important consideration before i Buy

thanks!

It's often the case that the higher the octane petrol you use the more k's per litre you get. For what it's worth, one of those ACA/TT programs did a test and found you got more k's per $ on the better fuel.

• 6 months later...
I've been using 95, it runs fine. its just that i get about 7.4km/L compared to 8.4km/L when i filled up 98 Octane.

Hi...just found this.....anyone else using 95, with no issue?..(sounds like it should be ok???)

Cheers.

i use 95 and no issues here

though i've only had my ride for a few months

yeah...had mine few weeks.....still on exponsomax...(or wateva the f**k they call it nowadays. 98Ron)

Have u guys got the 'specific RON requirement schticker ' on your rides (for the 35?)

Cheers!

I cruise in mine and don't rev it out so I've been using 95ron. if i was driving it aggresively I would stick to 98. I called a Nissan dealer when I first got the car inquiring about the 350z and they said it needed 98ron. I asked if can use regular unleaded and the reply was "sure, if you want your engine to pinf and have less power"

well considering we have he same engine as the 350z... use 98ron

i always have used 98 in all my cars

and yes if you have the fuel economy "leaf" you will find that the car runs better and needs less of a heavier foot to get it moving when u have a better batch of petrol in the car

Just for your info, In Japan, Cars use 100RON petrol. Since our car comes from Jap, we better stick close to the number. 98RON is the fuel you guys should use only. Moreover, it will keep the engine cleaner since most premium fuel has some additive added to it.

Just for your info, In Japan, Cars use 100RON petrol. Since our car comes from Jap, we better stick close to the number. 98RON is the fuel you guys should use only. Moreover, it will keep the engine cleaner since most premium fuel has some additive added to it.

yep...that's logic.

Do the nippon's only have one choice in RON, while at the pumps?

cheers.