SAU Community

Stock Rb20 Makes 386rwkw

Hi my name Is Toby. I have a Yellow VH Commodore Wagon. You may have seen it at Wakefield park or Eastern Creek. I have slowly turned it into a ripper of a track car that leaves Porsches and Ferrari's in its wake. I have changed just about every thing on the outside of the motor. The crazy thing is that the Rb20 makes 386rwkw and has never had the rocker covers off. Nothing has been changed from the rocker covers to the sump. (ie Stock rod,pistons and cams). I have set the shiftlight to light up at 8300rpm. By the time i change gear it just brushes 8600rpm. The turbo is a bitza. 8 litre diesel compressor, RB20 ballbearing core and VG30 turbine housing. It was put together by Precision Turbo and runs 30lbs all the time. They high flowed the whole lot. They really know their stuff at Precision Turbo.

About two weeks ago I rolled my Commodore at turn five at Wakefield Park. I was in third gear with the tail out and I miss judged the apex op the corner. My front left wheel went over and off the ripple strip onto the dirt. As the wheel went back on to the ripple strip it caught me and flipped me over. I estimate that I was doing about 110km/h when I roled. I rolled 3 and a half times coming to rest on the drivers side. My roll cage, Harnesses and helmet saved my life!

Any way while the car is off the road I wanted to build a good engine for the car. I want to build a RB24. I have a RB26 head, RB25 block and my RB20 engine. I wanted to use the RB20 crank in the RB25 block with the RB26 head. Does any body know if this has been done before and if so what do I need to know. Are their any major hurdles or is it a simple bolt together afair?

Any how it is time to start pulling the old girl apart. I am building another wagon. This one will be even tougher.

NO FING WAY! CONSTANT 30LBS on a highflow?!?!? 386KW on STOCK internals!?!? wouldn't the crank just about sh*t itself at that rpm especially being flogged?!?!

sorry bud... I don't buy it....

Mate get this engine and build a friggin rocket if those figures are true... struth...