SAU Community

Need To Borrow An Exhaust

lilcrash

hey, only one of my exhaust tips is working so im wondering if my muffler is blocked/causing some of my issues. so yer anyone in ipswich with a series 2 got a stock exhaust lying around,can i borrow the rear muffler.

thank you

hey, only one of my exhaust tips is working so im wondering if my muffler is blocked/causing some of my issues. so yer anyone in ipswich with a series 2 got a stock exhaust lying around,can i borrow the rear muffler.

thank you

Hi

I have a rear mufler off a s1 you could borrow if that is of aney help

I'm in Ipswich to

Cheers

Phil

Sorry to be off topic, dont have a standard muffler.

But i saw a Series 2 stagea heading into Booval shops on the weekend, possibly you? All black stagea, no kit?

I have the Black over Grey Series 2.

are you sure its blocked? mine is the same, the exhaust gases only come out of the passenger side tip. i just figured it was how the inside of the muffler was set up.

joe26f you may be right, thats exactly what mine does, but if thats the case i think nissan are stupid for doing it, how has everyone been going about aftermarket exhausts, and are there any major performance differences??

There are some bolt on options, do a search you'll see what people are using, what works and what doesnt.

Performance wise might not be that obvious with just an exhuast, but unlocking the kool RB sound is worth it :ninja:

thank you

I had a similar issue with my series 2; thought that only the passenger side pipe was flowing because that was the one where the vapor cloud came from when it was cold. Turned out though that that's just the path of least resistance, if you will, and just more gas comes out there. I verified this with another series 2 muffler (thanks Oxford :happy:) when I tried blasting some compressed air through; I could feel more coming out the passenger side pipe than the driver's side. I think it might have to do with the way the baffles work.

well the way i checked is i blocked off the passenger side one and still nothing comes out the drivers side one, thats why i considered blocked. but after some thought, is it possible that ova a certain pressure it will actually start working to increase flow but still be quite at low speed due to not as much flow??

• 2 weeks later...