SAU Community

Haltech Or Profec B Boost Controller?

Hi all,

Ill be using a Haltech E11v2 with my new engine and im trying to decide what boost controller to run.

Profec B: Haltech Boost controller:

Pro: Cheaper Pro: Wont need to install myself

Pro: Can control from in the car Pro: Integrated with E11v2

What are your thoughts?

I reckon it depends on price. If the Haltech boost controller costs as much as the PFC boost controller, then I think you should just go for the Profec B.

No harm having a separate unit/ readout, and I dont see any major benefit to having the Haltech unit.

I reckon it depends on price. If the Haltech boost controller costs as much as the PFC boost controller, then I think you should just go for the Profec B.

No harm having a separate unit/ readout, and I dont see any major benefit to having the Haltech unit.

There is a major benifit to using the haltech one over the profec B.

Working with the e11v2 ECU, you can adjust different boost levels for each gear (i.e. 1st -18psi, 2nd -22psi, 3rd - 24psi, etc.....)

Profec B can't do that. Plus the haltech is cheaper, $125

See below:

http://www.haltech.com.au/boost_ctrl_soln.htm

I had and e11v2 and haltech boost control in my previous GTR. It was excellent! Launch control tied in with lower boost off the mark and higher boost through 2nd. and 3rd, etc....

I'm not knocking the profec, everyone knows it does its job well. I am just stating if you have a e11v2 then go the haltech boost controller.

Mmm, didnt know that, ive only got experience with the PFC boost controller. And at $125 who cares if it doesnt even have those functions, its cheap as.

Ive had the Profec B before but the solinoid was damaged in an accident. It is a great unit.

But at $125 the Haltech will be the go think.

Ive had the Profec B before but the solinoid was damaged in an accident. It is a great unit.

But at $125 the Haltech will be the go think.

ive got a spare solenoid you can have. the reason im not a fan of the PFC and haltec boost controllers is the have no gain control. With gain control you can ramp the boost way harder i will post some graphs up later of a PFC boost controller versus the most basic EBC with gain controll and you will see as must as 10-20rwkw more throught the mid...

to me this added mid is free horsepower and makes a world of differrence to seat of pants driving.

ive got a spare solenoid you can have. the reason im not a fan of the PFC and haltec boost controllers is the have no gain control. With gain control you can ramp the boost way harder i will post some graphs up later of a PFC boost controller versus the most basic EBC with gain controll and you will see as must as 10-20rwkw more throught the mid...

to me this added mid is free horsepower and makes a world of differrence to seat of pants driving.

Bugger Trent i have already binned the Profec controller.Ah well.

I see what you mean with the gain control, it will be a couple of weeks before i finally get one so ill factor that in.

I have a haltech e11v2 and im going the trim controller instead of an AVCR mainly due to cost. I ran it on my VL Turbo and it was great and still going great guns, 21psi no problems.

Read the options available on the trim controller and its pretty impressive. If you have a tuner who knows what they are doing it will be great tool to have.