SAU Community

Post Broardwater Car Park Era

changi

Yay for Noel!!! :banana:

Boo for the softies who don't want to get their precious car dirty or risk breaking it on a track day. You don't have to drive at 100% on the track to learn. A lap of QR at 75% will teach you more about car control than 2 years on the road giving your right foot a stab every now and then.

Harden the Fark Up and support the Track Days and Drift Nights and Test-n-tunes etc, or they will disappear and you will have just that little bit more to whinge about while sipping your latte.

grow up mate, most people use their car for essential travel [work etc], they can't afford, or may even want, to damage/ break their car on weekends just so they can act tough on a faceless forum. it's a bit rediculous to take you seriously when you write that people are "soft" and need to 'harden up' if they don't do track days, drift nights, or that really tough pastime of test-n-tune. don't get me wrong, I have nothing against going to the track and doing the best time the car/driver is capable of; but to call those that don't, for whatever reason, softies etc, is childish.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have a read of this for old time sake! http://www.willowbank-raceway.com.au/surfers.htm

thanks for that link; brings back beaut memories. I had a few run down the Surfer's strip in the early 70's with my 351XY ute. very amateurish by todays standard but great fun nevertheless. pity it's all gone.

Well with fuel prices going up and all that perhaps there will be less people getting around in skylines who use them for "essential travel (work etc)" and to go on coffee runs (probably all order a latte?) and more who want to actually do something with it that it was built for.

I know if I was going to pansy ass around I'd still be driving my old pulsar paying $25 a week for fuel but nay.

Why dont you just harden the f**k up or go buy a honda or a pink huandai. Evo forums are full of bona fide racers, Holden and ford forums are similar. skyline forum is full of coffee club boost cruising wankers. I'm ashamed to say i boughta skyline as a performance vehicle when i see the soft arse shit you lot go on with.

if you had your shit together, you wouldn't have bought a GTT as a "performance vehicle"

one thing all forums have in common; they all have their share of wankers, posers and wannabees !!.

luckily, there are still plenty of people with interesting, constructive points to put across, to make it worthwhile coming up.

Well with fuel prices going up and all that perhaps there will be less people getting around in skylines who use them for "essential travel (work etc)" and to go on coffee runs (probably all order a latte?) and more who want to actually do something with it that it was built for.

I know if I was going to pansy ass around I'd still be driving my old pulsar paying $25 a week for fuel but nay.

my skyline was built for the road; what was yours built for, track?; I think not.

my skyline was built for the road; what was yours built for, track?; I think not.

Dont think changi, It weakens the team.

Did you say "built" Yeah i thought you did. funny thing is some of these cars have been "built" forged bottom end and all the fruit etc just to cruize at Macca's, Yeah bullshit. These same candyarse pink honda wannabes can be found carvin up the street tryin to look fully sik eh bra!

So dont give us that horse dung about "daily's" etc. It doesnt wash. The real reason is there plain as day. This may come as a total revelation to you so brace yourself. (insert sarcy smiley here) EGO! Lets face it, Most of us Have a lot to learn when it comes to driving. The smart ones admit it and go to the track, driver training etc to learn how to do it better.

The others look fully sik at the coffee club where braggin rights are about the commo they took down at the lights.

Which one are you Changi?

if you had your shit together, you wouldn't have bought a GTT as a "performance vehicle"

oh wow he even has the GTR owner superior attitude we are on to a winner here *goes back to the website not populated by oxygen thieves

Did you say "built" Yeah i thought you did. funny thing is some of these cars have been "built" forged bottom end and all the fruit etc just to cruize at Macca's, Yeah bullshit. These same candyarse pink honda wannabes can be found carvin up the street tryin to look fully sik eh bra!

So dont give us that horse dung about "daily's" etc. It doesnt wash. The real reason is there plain as day. This may come as a total revelation to you so brace yourself. (insert sarcy smiley here) EGO! Lets face it, Most of us Have a lot to learn when it comes to driving. The smart ones admit it and go to the track, driver training etc to learn how to do it better.

The others look fully sik at the coffee club where braggin rights are about the commo they took down at the lights.

I think i can guess

hey, I'm just a bloke who: likes good machinery, likes a coffee now and then [breakfast], has had fun driving on track and strip, and did a fast driving module as part of a VIP protection course . thanks for asking!. look; if someone wants to go for a full-house engine to drive to the latte trough, I say fair enough, his/her call.

I can't see any point in 'labling' them just because they get their 'kicks' differently.

oh wow he even has the GTR owner superior attitude we are on to a winner here *goes back to the website not populated by oxygen thieves

I think i can guess

hey Bunta, where do you get the "superior attitude" gag from?. wrong again?, oh well back to the 'tough, bad arse' site for you.

getting a little off topic..

we need a replacement for BWCP... that involves a place that caters for all.. i mean, i love the track and im all for going hard with performance cars - if its car for that reason (even if its not). I know where the track is, but it aint a good place to meet on regular basis... i really enjoyed meeting at BWCP - cus it was close to places to go out.. few chicks are about and usually good company... (plus laughing at douche bags who do up lancers and excels -- which was fun in itself for a friday night..). im not a coffee fan, but would like to see worked cars out on a regular basis to just show that anti hooning laws have not kept us down...

hey Bunta, where do you get the "superior attitude" gag from?. wrong again?, oh well back to the 'tough, bad arse' site for you.

im pretty sure i left the exact line in question and left out the rest and how can i be "wrong again" in my first post in the tread?

I built my car up to use it on the track, but have it as a relativly comfortable daily, which it does a mighty fine job at. But I don't get the time, nor have the money to get it out there often enough to justify having it.

The cruising thing is really boring now I don't know anyone. Used to be good back in the day, go down meet up with everyone. Good to head out once every 3-6 months just to see whats going on really.

So car is getting sold, and I got something 'normal' to drive to and from work with. Because thats all I do. As with most of us. I honestly think some of us are just holding on to this dream.

hey, I'm just a bloke who: likes good machinery, likes a coffee now and then [breakfast], has had fun driving on track and strip, and did a fast driving module as part of a VIP protection course . thanks for asking!. look; if someone wants to go for a full-house engine to drive to the latte trough, I say fair enough, his/her call.

I can't see any point in 'labling' them just because they get their 'kicks' differently.

This post drips of hypocracy.

I guess what they is true. gtr's do come with a special tool inserted in the drivers seat. :ermm:

im pretty sure i left the exact line in question and left out the rest and how can i be "wrong again" in my first post in the tread?

there were two parts to your post, remember. you were wrong in the first part, and you were 'wrong again' in the second part.

anyway, we are off topic, as pointed out above, thanks for the 'verbal sparring', enjoyable.

there were two parts to your post, remember. you were wrong in the first part, and you were 'wrong again' in the second part.

anyway, we are off topic, as pointed out above, thanks for the 'verbal sparring', enjoyable.

Thats arguable :blush: and yes verbal sparring makes the world go round

on Topic....what about somwhere like carrara stadium or what ever it is called these days, it would have lots of parking, and isnt used that much anymore....they might have locked gates though, along the same lines the carpark at QE2 on mains road is pretty big and i am sure the gates are not closed ever because they allow students at Griffith to park there so they would probably be open tp discusions about using it

Thats arguable :blush: and yes verbal sparring makes the world go round

on Topic....what about somwhere like carrara stadium or what ever it is called these days, it would have lots of parking, and isnt used that much anymore....they might have locked gates though, along the same lines the carpark at QE2 on mains road is pretty big and i am sure the gates are not closed ever because they allow students at Griffith to park there so they would probably be open tp discusions about using it

that would work gates are never closed and they have made it into a public carpark for uni students and park and ride bus stop

perhaps everone could get coffee or something to eat and then spend 20 mins splitting up the bill so no one spends 5cents more than they ate .... lol.

*dave here*

perhaps everone could get coffee or something to eat and then spend 20 mins splitting up the bill so no one spends 5cents more than they ate .... lol.

*dave here*

oh snap :)

actually now that i think back that trip to that particular dinner was one of the most fun outings ever ha ha

Was I on that drive to dinner??? If so, it was a great drive!!!

And Changi, you don't know me and I can only derive from your posts that any mention by Bunta of your "GTR attitude" is pretty much on the mark. I would put Noel's GTS-T up against most GTR's on this forum in any style of motorsport. He has built a vehicle for all purposes, not just posing.

Flame away!!

(heads back to the nicer forum...)