SAU Community

Best quality POD for Price

sKyLyN

I am looking at getting another filter, as the current one is a Blitz stainless racing one.

I am after some feed back on what are the better brands and models that arnt exactly going to break the bank.

Would appreciate some feedback!

Cheers,

Kris

I've never had a problem with K&N filters, and they're a hell of a lot cheaper than the jap brands and come in a huge variety of shapes and sizes.

I've currently got an M's stamped k&n very large cone shaped pod on my 32. It's goodcos you can now get the cleaner and oil from pretty much any parts place.

Last I checked the smaller pods started at 140 or so and price increased with size.

Dont laugh but ive got a simota pod on atm, havent had any probs with it and have tried others on the dyno with no variation whatso ever. And the Simota one sounds good as well, can use the K&N cleaning kit to clean it

i got a k&n pod on mine and it sounds good. I got no air feed to it though so i guess it isnt really an advantage at the moment. But the pod is clogged with dirt n stuff, even after 5 mins of blowing it out with an air blower its still dirty as hell. oh well gives others a fairer race

Yo sweetr33.Man,never use compressed air on k&n filters or any other brand for that matter.You will damage the fine cotton gauze and be up for a new one.Much cheaper to use the cleaning kit in the end which costs around $30

I'm not a fan of oiled pods at all. Mainly, because I've heard they can foul the AFM. Also, from what I can gather, don't filter that much better than your standard dry mushroom pods.

I use a Trust Airinx and damn does it sound sweet :) I've got no idea on how well it filters, as I've now heard (after I bought it) that it is the best filter on the market, and also the worst filter on the market. I haven't had any major engine problems so I suppose you can assume it at least filters out the big stuff.

MIC33r, how much does the POD you have cost. The only query that i have is that i was goin to use the existing Blitz mounting bracket. The measurements now are 150mm flange size with an overall length of 150mm. It makes it difficult to buy a replacement pod.

Oh well gota keep searching

I bought it a while back from Takakaira, so I wouldn't know the current price. It was fairly cheap though and came with all the mounting stuff you needed.

They used it in the Evolution R 200SX. I found a copy of an article about it on the net, but it has disappeared. Here's a google cache of it though:

http://216.239.37.104/search?q=cache:nzLpZ...&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Yeah I've seen that too BOOSTD, but I've also seen another test that showed the Trust to have the best filtering properties. That was actually what made me decide to get the Airinx. Now I've got no idea if it is a good or bad filter.

I got a filter from this place in sydney for about $40, it is identical to my mates Trust AirInex II which cos a few hundred $$$

have yet to use it but its identical besides the trust sticker on the screw down part

do you know how good these filters sound? ppl ask my mate what bov he has, and its just a factory plumb back, but it must blow back through the filter cos it sounds damn awesome and the flow noise it makes must indicate that it isn't restricting it much

go the trust or the rip off one i got

www.flyn.com.au

Took my factory turbo off on the weekend, and for a turbo with 155,000 kms on it, its in great condition. Very little shaft play (whats considered normal???) but the leading edge of the compressor has slowly been eroded. Im guessing crappy filter to be the cause.

I have known for a long while my HKS filter doesnt really filter all that well, you can tell by all the particles that find a home inside the bellmouth. Anyway im trialling an Apexi filter until i can find time and money to go by the biggest K & N that will fit under the bonnet.... that is of course unless someone wants to swap me their Ms filter.